Test Hardware Development Engineer - (Electromechanical)
Test System Development Engineer – (Electromechanical)
Why Redlen Technologies?
Redlen Technologies is a pioneering company that has revolutionized the semiconductor crystal growth and fabrication process.
At Redlen Technologies, innovation is at the heart of everything we do. Our founder's visionary work with the Canadian Space Agency laid the foundation for our groundbreaking Cadmium Zinc Telluride (CZT) sensors, revolutionizing medical imaging, security imaging, and non-destructive testing. We are driving a quantum leap forward in medical CT scanners, elevating diagnostic accuracy while reducing radiation dose– a technological feat that has earned us global recognition. With a commitment to excellence, we have earned the trust of Fortune 500 industry customers, leading to our acquisition by Canon Inc. for $430M– a testament to our industry leadership.
With over 200 dedicated professionals, we take pride in fostering a work environment where Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) professionals thrive. As an equal opportunity employer we demonstrate that diversity drives innovation, and we are passionate about building a future where every employee contributes to our mission-driven success.
Come and join the Test Infrastructure Development team
Reporting to the Team Lead, Test Hardware, you’ll be part of the team responsible for the end-to-end delivery of complex X-ray test equipment for the Photon Counting Computed Tomography CZT sensor manufacturing process. Our team members include electronics hardware, software, FPGA and firmware, electrical and mechanical designers.
Redlen needs to design top notch test equipment. The design considerations include:
- Safety and user protection from high voltage and X-ray radiation.
- Delivery of noise free HV DC bias (-1000 Vdc).
- Thermal control for consistency and margin testing.
- X-ray transparency.
- X-Ray beam modulation, shaping, and scatter control.
- Voltage and current monitoring.
- Application force adjustment and monitoring.
- Part, fixture,& equipment identification.
- Fine pitch probe testing and alignment
- Durability & ergonomic concerns.
- Repeatability and reliability.
- Government agency compliance.
Success in 2024 involves the integration of our 3rd generation tester platform into new mini-module testers for current products, followed by a new tester variant for the in-development mass production mini-module. Beyond that, Redlen needs to scale up to mass production and test in much higher volume. Automated test equipment design and delivery will be the primary requirement of this role. Our intended direction is the introduction of motion systems and machine vision into the already challenging environment of high flux X-ray test equipment.
A day in the life:
- Working with team members to gather and document requirements and specifications.
- Assisting in schedule development.
- Creating electrical and mechanical designs.
- Choosing appropriate materials for radiation shielding or transmission, electrical isolation or transmission, and durability for the intended use.
- Printing 3D parts in house where appropriate or using vendors as needed.
- Producing drawings using GD&T where appropriate, schematics, cable and wiring diagrams, and BOMs, while following Redlen’s documentation procedures.
- Working with purchasing and procurement to obtain custom and COTS parts.
- Performing incoming inspection on precision parts, assembling and testing prototypes and first articles, improving designs, and updating parts and documentation as needed.
- Ensuring compliance with CSA standards and following EGBC regulatory requirements.
- Working on site or remotely as tasks require.
We are looking for somebody with the right skills. If you’re an experienced mechanical engineer with solid electrical engineering skills, then you’re likely a good fit.
Skills, abilities and experience
- +3 years of experience as a Mechanical or Electromechanical Engineer
- Experience with 3D CAD tools. Preferably SolidWorks.
- Able to quickly study and understand new material and systems.
- Applies creativity and imagination to solving problems.
- Has a keen eye for aesthetic presentation, both on the page and in the equipment.
- Understands that it's the details that make the difference.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering technology with some Electrical experience.
Enjoy flexible hours, competitive salary, bonus plan, comprehensive benefits, and an RRSP matching program.
Expected Salary Range: $85,000 - $115,000 CAD
- Pay Type Salary