Senior Cost Accountant
Senior Cost Accountant
Why Redlen Technologies?
Redlen Technologies is a pioneering company that has revolutionized the semiconductor crystal growth and fabrication process.
At Redlen Technologies, innovation is at the heart of everything we do. Our founder's visionary work with the Canadian Space Agency laid the foundation for our groundbreaking Cadmium Zinc Telluride (CZT) sensors, revolutionizing medical imaging, security imaging, and non-destructive testing. We are driving a quantum leap forward in medical CT scanners, elevating diagnostic accuracy while reducing radiation dose– a technological feat that has earned us global recognition. With a commitment to excellence, we have earned the trust of Fortune 500 industry customers, leading to our acquisition by Canon Inc. for $430M– a testament to our industry leadership.
With over 200 dedicated professionals, we take pride in fostering a work environment where Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) professionals thrive. As an equal opportunity employer we demonstrate that diversity drives innovation, and we are passionate about building a future where every employee contributes to our mission-driven success.
Reporting to the Manager of Cost Accounting, the successful candidate will play a key role in building the systems and processes required to support best in class production and deliver reliable and sustained margins through a period of accelerated growth. The ideal candidate will have experience in a complex, engineering driven manufacturing environment and possess a deep understanding of all aspect of product costing and related processes including cost planning and monitoring, cost containment, margin control and inventory planning.
Key responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with key cross-functional team members to develop and establish the multi-year product cost targets and roadmap for achieving those targets.
- Develop and maintain standard costs for labor, material and overheads.
- Provide management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting the cost and profitability of products.
- Analyze costs of materials, processes, yields and labor and other data to determine opportunities and methods for reduction of production and inventory costs.
- Analyze and reconcile inventory transactions for accuracy and completeness in support of monthly financial reporting.
- Analyze, record and report on monthly manufacturing variances.
- Reconcile subledger to general ledger account balances.
- Calculate quarterly inventory reserves.
- Assist in the annual budgeting process.
- Assist month-end close of general ledger.
- Work with outside auditing firm during annual audit.
- Develop and/or update accounting and operational process and procedures documentation around the inventory management and costing processes.
- Play a key role in the selection and implementation of a new ERP system.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Self-starting initiative and comfortable independently seeking information from cross-functional teams when required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration or a related field.
- CPA designation strongly preferred.
- 5+ years operational accounting experience in a manufacturing environment, including job costing and standard costing. Experience in the semiconductor industry considered an asset.
- Highly computer literate with data mining and ERP system experience, excellent knowledge of MS Office products and advanced level skills in Excel.
- Highly collaborative with strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, time management and analytical skills.
- Requires deadline driven, high-energy individual, able to work autonomously and lead as key contributor on teams.
Salary Range: $90,000-125,000 CAD
This range represents a senior career level for the Victoria employment market.
If you believe your skill level and/or subject matter expertise falls outside of this range and you’re interested in working with Redlen, please get in touch with our internal recruiters to explore alignment with Redlen’s Hiring Plan! In your message, please specify where you see your skills fitting in our teams so that we can goal-set together with you.
- Pay Type Salary