Senior Mechanical Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Why Redlen Technologies?
Redlen Technologies is a pioneering company that has revolutionized the semiconductor crystal growth and fabrication process.
At Redlen Technologies, innovation is at the heart of everything we do. Our founder's visionary work with the Canadian Space Agency laid the foundation for our groundbreaking Cadmium Zinc Telluride (CZT) sensors, revolutionizing medical imaging, security imaging, and non-destructive testing. We are driving a quantum leap forward in medical CT scanners, elevating diagnostic accuracy while reducing radiation dose– a technological feat that has earned us global recognition. With a commitment to excellence, we have earned the trust of Fortune 500 industry customers, leading to our acquisition by Canon Inc. for $430M– a testament to our industry leadership.
With over 200 dedicated professionals, we take pride in fostering a work environment where Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) professionals thrive. As an equal opportunity employer we demonstrate that diversity drives innovation, and we are passionate about building a future where every employee contributes to our mission-driven success.
Reporting to the Team Lead of Mechanical Engineering, the successful applicant will join a team responsible for creating the next-generation of complex detector modules for X-Ray and CT scanning applications using Photon Counting Computed Tomography (PCCT) CZT sensors, through to NPI.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading the NPI and development process in the delivery a new detector module product(s).
- Collaboration with customer OEMs to clarify interfaces and constraints, ensuring mechanical and electrical integration of the detector module into the target system.
- Ensuring the design meets the target module requirements and specifications, identifying and resolving gaps and issues, should they exist.
- Collaboration with internal cross-functional teams including electrical, software, firmware, manufacturing, test.
- Supporting the engineering activities related existing designs and transfer to manufacturing.
- Performing design activities that includes mechanical analysis, manufacturing and assembly tolerances, 3D CAD modelling (using Solid Works within EPDM), drawing creation and modification.
- Selection of the appropriate materials, sources of supply, CAD data and specifications, that enable procurement of components in the product assembly.
- Completion of engineering documentation to support assigned projects as well as executing engineering change orders as required (DWG and BOM changes, associated documentation, MFG process updates).
- Perform engineering analysis and establish environmental test plans to demonstrate product designs meet mechanical, thermal, and related performance requirements.
- Support manufacturing engineers in the development of tooling and processes to manufacture module designs.
- Assist the manufacturing and engineering teams in achieving cost-reduction goals on key products.
- Assist in the development of drawing standards and business processes to improve engineering discipline, peer reviews and design reviews to improve the first time yield from design to prototyping.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in design and manufacturing of electromechanical components and assemblies in low-to-mid volume products.
- Advanced knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) with applied experience.
- Familiarity with new product introduction (NPI) in medical devices or another regulated industry (military, aerospace, automotive, telecom, etc.).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate technical concepts and requirements clearly.
- Ability to thrive in environment of ambiguity and uncertainty and able to rapidly understand new technologies and incorporate on-the-fly change of plans.
- Proficiency with Solid works or similar 3D CAD programs.
- Extensive experience in electromechanical packaging of printed circuit board products.
- Demonstrated experience of design-for-manufacturing concepts.
- Proficiency with MS Office programs.
- Experience in thermal simulation & design for electronic assemblies is considered an asset.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Hands – On approach to problem solving.
- Exhibit a bias toward action, balanced by strong analytical decision-making skills. Education/Training: Bachelor’s degree or technical diploma in mechanical engineering, mechatronics
Bachelor’s degree or technical diploma in mechanical engineering, mechatronics
Salary Range: $95,000-125,000 CAD
This range spans upper-intermediate and senior engineering levels for the Victoria employment market.
If you believe your skill level and/or subject matter expertise falls outside of this range and you’re interested in working with Redlen, please get in touch with our internal recruiters to explore alignment with Redlen’s Hiring Plan! In your message, please specify where you see your skills fitting in our teams so that we can goal-set together with you.
- Pay Type Salary