Redlen Technologies’ genesis lies in the foundational work of its Co-Founder Bob Redden who undertook a Canadian Space Agency (CSA) challenge of growing crystalline materials in microgravity on the Mir and the International Space Station (ISS).
Starting from an original team of five to over 200 employees today, Redlen has continued to innovate and improve the semiconductor crystal growth and fabrication process for its world-leading Cadmium Zinc Telluride (CZT) sensors, used in Medical Imaging, Security Imaging and Non-Destructive Testing. Redlen’s technology is enabling a quantum leap forward in medical CT scanners - equivalent in scope and scale to the leap from black and white TVs to high definition 4K LED displays – improving image resolution and diagnostic accuracy, all the while substantially reducing radiation dose.
The team has grown from 50 to 200 employees in the recent past as it has secured design wins with major Fortune 500 industry customers in the medical and security industries. It plans to grow to 400 people and double its Victoria footprint in the next few years. Redlen’s impressive technical leadership and innovation led global medical equipment leader Canon Inc. to acquire Redlen for $430M in 2021 - a huge win for the B.C. tech industry.
Redlen has received numerous awards and accolades and prides itself on being a great place to work for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) roles, and for being an equal opportunity employer.
Reporting to the Manager of Inventory & Planning, the successful applicant will assume a key role in operating an efficient supply chain for the company.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with company departments to determine supply needs and timelines
- Monitoring inventory and cooperating with Stores to anticipate and prevent shortages
- Managing supplier selection and qualification process, including performance evaluation
- Preparing requests for bids which provide accurate, detailed information to potential vendors
- Verifying purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to master list; clarifying unclear items; recommending alternatives
- Preparing purchase orders based on approved material requisitions, verifying specifications and prices; obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items
- Seeking price quotes from multiple vendors and negotiating to secure the lowest price available on goods of comparable quality;
- Obtaining required items by forwarding purchase orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders;
- Monitoring and managing orders in progress to ensure items are delivered according to the time-line and specifications
- Verifying items have been correctly received and resolving shipments in error with suppliers
- Providing purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Effectively communicating with external suppliers as well as internal departments
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Other tasks as assigned from time to time.
- Supply management, vendor relationships management, customer service attitude and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to work independently. Needs proven organizational skills
- Experience in a purchasing
- Knowledge of basic software programs such as Word and Excel is essential
- ERP experience an asset
- ISO 9001 experience
- Candidates with previous manufacturing experience are preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration or supply chain management
- Pay Type Salary