Nurse Educator, Long-Term Care (Temporary Full-Time)
Providence Health Care
Apply today! Providence Health Care (PHC) is hiring a Temporary Full-Time, Nurse Educator for St. Vincent's Langara.
**This position is eligible for both RPNs and RNs.
Shift Times: Days. 8-hour shifts. 37.5 hours per week.
End Date for Temporary Position: July 31, 2025
Providence Health Care (PHC) is a health and wellness resource for all British Columbians. We’re committed to treating those we serve — and each other — with compassion and respect.
While it started with very humble roots, the PHC of today has grown; now there are almost 9,000 people working at our 17 sites. We have 8,000 staff, 1,500 medical staff/physicians, 200 researchers, 1,600 volunteers.
“How you want to be treated” is now a benchmark — for all of us, every day.
PHC is strongly committed to creating and maintaining a workplace of choice where employees are recognized and valued. PHC strives to provide work-life balance and promotes a positive work culture by having integrated support model of training, mentoring and coaching so the Manager can support their staff to provide exceptional care.
Qualifications / Skills and Education
- Registration with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
- Plus three years recent related nursing experience in Long-Term Care/Geriatrics.
- Including one year of experience (or training) in areas such as teaching, leadership, mentoring and preceptoring, facilitating group processes, team building, orientation/education program design, development, implementation and evaluation.
- Educator Pathway education is preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to teach, coach, and provide clinical support.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) procedures appropriate for the area of service.
- Ability to identify learning needs and develop educational programs.
- Ability to provide and/or develop resource materials, including educational materials.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of adult education principles.
Duties and Responsibilities
Assesses and validates individual and group learning needs, and requests for education programs, by performing duties such as observing activities, discussing clinical issues with team members and/or residents and analyzing data such as staff competency assessments and growth plans, practice changes, and quality improvement indicators, to determine specific educational requirements.
Plans, develops, implements, and evaluates a range of formal/informal educational programs and proposals for staff within the clinical area to meet learning needs, in collaboration with the Patient Care Manager, Practice Consultant and other nursing staff. Coordinates and schedules timely educational activities, identifies outcome indicators, and evaluates and revises programs as needed.
Orientates, supports, and coaches staff, preceptors/preceptees in clinical nursing skills and behaviours implementing role modeling, mentoring, and individual and group education/teaching and learning principles and processes. Develops and implements individual growth plans to address identified staff learning needs by coordinating the development and implementation process with the Patient Care Manager, Practice Consultant, and designated personnel and ensuring there is a growth plan for each staff member. Provides regular updates to the Patient Care Manager on the learning progress of staff.
Facilitates learning by acting as a clinical resource, demonstrating expertise and leadership. Monitors staff progress against the growth plan and modifies / updates plans as needed to support staff’s ability for achievement. Implements a variety of teaching/learning strategies that are congruent with the determined growth/ learning plans.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Providence Health Care must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.