Registered Nurse (Rehabilitation) - Temporary Part-Time 0.65 FTE, Days/Evenings
Providence Health Care
Apply today! Providence Health Care (PHC) is hiring RNs for Holy Family Hospital Rehab!
Providence Health Care’s rehabilitation services at Holy Family Hospital include a 65-bed inpatient rehabilitation unit and extensive treatment areas that facilitate more than 15,000 outpatient visits annually. The program offers intensive therapy for older adults to overcome obstacles caused by strokes, arthritis, orthopedic trauma or major surgeries like hip, ankle or knee replacements and leg amputations. The program is designed to help patients fully recover or adapt to irreparable damage.
Providence Health Care (PHC) is a health and wellness resource for all British Columbians. We’re committed to treating those we serve — and each other — with compassion and respect.
While it started with very humble roots, the PHC of today has grown; now there are almost 9,000 people working at our 17 sites. We have 8,000 staff, 1,500 medical staff/physicians, 200 researchers, 1,600 volunteers.
“How you want to be treated” is now a benchmark — for all of us, every day.
PHC is strongly committed to creating and maintaining a workplace of choice where employees are recognized and valued. PHC strives to provide work-life balance and promotes a positive work culture by having integrated support model of training, mentoring and coaching so the Manager can support their staff to provide exceptional care.
Qualifications / Skills and Education
As a Registered Nurse you have:
- Graduated from a recognized program for Registered Nurses
- Registered and are in good standing with BCCNM
- Current CPR
Duties and Responsibilities
As a Registered Nurse you will:
- Review patient status through methods such as reviewing the patient chart and other written information, patient observation, interviewing patient and family members, completion of questionnaires, collateral information and consultation with peers and other members of the health care team.
- Assess patient problems and needs, plans, implements, evaluates and prioritizes nursing care and nursing interventions and develops the plan of care for patients nusing clinical judgement and evidence-based practice.
- Provide nursing care according to identified policies and procedures, technology and PHC standards.
- Monitor patient progress, evaluates outcomes, reassesses if goals are not met, and modifies plan of care based on evaluation.
- Records observations and reports problems and/or changes in patient condition to designated staff.
- Provides direct nursing interventions for management of crisis and life threatening situations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Providence Health Care must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.