Licensed Practical Nurse (Rehabilitation) - Casual/On-Call
Providence Health Care
Apply today! Providence Health Care (PHC) is hiring LPNs for Holy Family Hospital Rehab!
Providence Health Care’s rehabilitation services at Holy Family Hospital include a 65-bed inpatient rehabilitation unit and extensive treatment areas that facilitate more than 15,000 outpatient visits annually. The program offers intensive therapy for older adults to overcome obstacles caused by strokes, arthritis, orthopedic trauma or major surgeries like hip, ankle or knee replacements and leg amputations. The program is designed to help patients fully recover or adapt to irreparable damage.
Providence Health Care (PHC) is a health and wellness resource for all British Columbians. We’re committed to treating those we serve — and each other — with compassion and respect.
While it started with very humble roots, the PHC of today has grown; now there are almost 9,000 people working at our 17 sites. We have 8,000 staff, 1,500 medical staff/physicians, 200 researchers, 1,600 volunteers.
“How you want to be treated” is now a benchmark — for all of us, every day.
PHC is strongly committed to creating and maintaining a workplace of choice where employees are recognized and valued. PHC strives to provide work-life balance and promotes a positive work culture by having integrated support model of training, mentoring and coaching so the Manager can support their staff to provide exceptional care.
Providence Health Care’s rehabilitation services at HFH include a 65-bed inpatient rehabilitation unit and extensive treatment areas that facilitate more than 15,000 outpatient visits annually. The program offers intensive therapy for older adults to overcome obstacles caused by strokes, arthritis, orthopedic trauma or major surgeries like hip, ankle or knee replacements and leg amputations. The program is designed to help patients fully recover or adapt to irreparable damage.
Qualifications / Skills and Education
As a Licensed Practical Nurse you have:
- Graduated from a recognized program for Practical Nurses
- Registered and are in good standing with BCCNM
- Current CPR
Duties and Responsibilities
As a Licensed Practical Nurse you will:
- Participate in creating a healthy and happy aging environment by providing safe and respectful nursing care to an assigned group of residents.
- Care for residents who are stable in relation to their day-to-day clinical and psychosocial baseline.
- Support residents through medication administration, completing RAI-MDS assessments and carrying out nursing assessments (e.g. vital signs, physical assessment). Collaborate and communicate with RNs about any assessment findings that may indicate a change from resident’s baseline (e.g. responding to an acute event, changes in behavior, etc).
- Be approachable and an effective communicator; hear concerns from Resident Care Aides (RCAs).
- Be a valued member of the interdisciplinary care team and support/partner with the RN/RPN in the care of residents with complex or unpredictable outcomes.
- Other related duties as assigned.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Providence Health Care must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.