Licensed Practical Nurse (Long-Term Care) - Full-Time & Part-Time
Providence Health Care
Apply today! Providence Health Care (PHC) is hiring Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) for our Long-Term Care homes!
Opportunities: Regular Full-Time and Regular Part-Time
Shift times: Days and Evenings. We will be recruiting for positions with 8-hour shifts. The positions will have rotating days off.
We will be hiring LPNs for the following locations:
- St. Vincent’s: Brock Fahrni at 4650 Oak Street, Vancouver, BC
- St. Vincent’s: Langara at 255 W62nd Ave, Vancouver, BC
- Youville Residence at 4950 Heather St, Vancouver, BC
- Holy Family Hospital at 7801 Argyle Dr, Vancouver, BC
- Mount Saint Joseph Hospital at 3080 Prince Edward St, Vancouver, BC
Providence Health Care (PHC) is a health and wellness resource for all British Columbians. We’re committed to treating those we serve — and each other — with compassion and respect.
While it started with very humble roots, the PHC of today has grown; now there are almost 9,000 people working at our 17 sites. We have 8,000 staff, 1,500 medical staff/physicians, 200 researchers, 1,600 volunteers.
“How you want to be treated” is now a benchmark — for all of us, every day.
PHC is strongly committed to creating and maintaining a workplace of choice where employees are recognized and valued. PHC strives to provide work-life balance and promotes a positive work culture by having integrated support model of training, mentoring and coaching so the Manager can support their staff to provide exceptional care.
Qualifications / Skills and Education
As a Licensed Practical Nurse you have:
- Graduated from a recognized program for Practical Nurses
- Registered and are in good standing with BCCNM
- Current CPR
- A desire to make a difference in the lives of seniors in British Columbia
Duties and Responsibilities
As a Licensed Practical Nurse you will:
- Participate in creating a healthy and happy aging environment by providing safe and respectful nursing care to an assigned group of residents.
- Care for residents who are stable in relation to their day-to-day clinical and psychosocial baseline.
- Support residents through medication administration, completing RAI-MDS assessments and carrying out nursing assessments (e.g. vital signs, physical assessment). Collaborate and communicate with RNs about any assessment findings that may indicate a change from resident’s baseline (e.g. responding to an acute event, changes in behavior, etc).
- Be approachable and an effective communicator; hear concerns from Resident Care Aides (RCAs).
- Be a valued member of the interdisciplinary care team and support/partner with the RN/RPN in the care of residents with complex or unpredictable outcomes.
- Other related duties as assigned.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Providence Health Care must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.