Assisted Living Worker - Casual/On-Call
Providence Health Care
Apply today! Providence Health Care (PHC) is hiring Assisted Living Workers for Honoria Conway Assisted Living!
St. Vincent’s: Honoria Conway is an assisted living residence for seniors who are able to make decisions on their own behalf, but require help with day-to-day activities. Our site is made up of 60 one-bedroom suites for seniors with 20 suites on each of three upper floors.
Providence Health Care (PHC) is a health and wellness resource for all British Columbians. We’re committed to treating those we serve — and each other — with compassion and respect.
While it started with very humble roots, the PHC of today has grown; now there are almost 9,000 people working at our 17 sites. We have 8,000 staff, 1,500 medical staff/physicians, 200 researchers, 1,600 volunteers.
“How you want to be treated” is now a benchmark — for all of us, every day.
PHC is strongly committed to creating and maintaining a workplace of choice where employees are recognized and valued. PHC strives to provide work-life balance and promotes a positive work culture by having integrated support model of training, mentoring and coaching so the Manager can support their staff to provide exceptional care.
Qualifications / Skills and Education
- Completion of Grade 12
- Home Support/Residential Care Attendant Certificate *Must be a Registered Care Aide in BC
- Up-to-date certificates in CPR, First Aid and Food Safe
- Successful completion of a medication administration module for community health/residential care aides from an accredited educational institution
Skills and Abilities
- Home management skills.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
What You Will Do
- Provide care to tenants as required such as delivering medications, providing medication reminders and other duties according to the individualized Personal Service Plan, and in alignment with the Assisted Living guidelines, agreements and philosophies.
- Assist tenants with personal care and grooming as required according to the established Personal Care Plan.
- Observes, monitors and reports changes in tenant behaviour, appearance or abilities and completes and maintains related records such as communication and observation logs.
- Performs light housekeeping duties for tenants such as surface cleaning, dusting, washroom and floor cleaning as outlined in the Personal Service Plan and guidelines for assisted living.
- Supports and assists tenants at meal times and delivers food trays to tenants who may be unable to eat in common dining area. Helps prepare snacks with and for tenants outside of meal times. Assists in dining area with table preparation and clearing of dishes as needed.
- Communicates with, provides support to, and encourages tenants to participate in social and recreational activities in the facility. May accompany tenants on planned external activities or outings.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Providence Health Care must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.