Registered Nurse - Medicine 7ABCD & 9CD
Providence Health Care
Join Our Innovative Team at Providence Healthcare: Be a Catalyst for Change in the Healthcare sector in Vancouver, BC (Relocation Assistance Available!)
Are you a passionate nurse looking to make a significant impact in Beautiful BC? Providence Healthcare, located in the heart of downtown Vancouver, BC, is seeking dedicated nurses to join our team. Whether you're a new graduate or an experienced nurse, this is your opportunity to be part of a progressive organization that is transforming and improving patient experiences.
Why Choose Providence Healthcare and Vancouver?
Providence Healthcare is renowned for its innovative healthcare models and progressive foundations. Vancouver offers an exceptional quality of life with its breathtaking natural surroundings, vibrant city life, and diverse recreational opportunities. Discover a perfect balance between professional growth and personal fulfillment in one of Canada's most desirable cities.
Why Choose St. Paul’s Hospital Medicine?
- Our team is well-known for its positive culture that prides itself on teamwork, consistent support of new nurses, and inclusivity
- Excellent staffing complements comprised of RN’s, LPN’s, and care-aides that provide direct patient care.
- On day shifts, each pod has a baseline of: 12 nurses, 2 care-aides, and an additional 8 hour ADL care-aide.
- Our nurse to patient ratios remain the same on day shift and night shift
- Our clinical mentors are on the floor and provide elbow support to nurses 7 days a week from 1500-2100
- We have 3 Medicine Educators to provide support and education to staff
- Lots of opportunities for paid education
- A robust orientation schedule and additional support from New Grad Educators to set up our nurses for success
- All newly hired nurses are eligible for New Grad support for their first 18 months within the organization
Hiring for multiple positions and rotations.
Qualifications / Skills and Education
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) procedures.
- Ability to utilize Cerner Electronic Documentation system
- Strong ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Excellent decision-making, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Proficiency in using relevant equipment.
- Ability to provide patient education and lead group sessions.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a valued member of our team, you will:
- Assesses patient problems and needs, plans, implements, evaluates and prioritizes nursing care and nursing interventions and develops the plan of care for patients/residents using clinical judgement and evidence-based practice.
- Advocates for the patients/residents, to protect and promote their rights to dignity, respect, privacy, confidentiality, autonomy and access to information.
- Mentor and support fellow nurses and healthcare professionals, fostering a collaborative environment.
- Work within an interdisciplinary clinical framework, adhering to regulatory standards and organizational protocols.