Dietary Aide - Casual/On-Call
Providence Health Care
Apply today! Providence Health Care (PHC) is hiring Dietary Aides for the Food Services department at all of our hospitals and care homes!
- St. Paul's Hospital at 1081 Burrard St, Vancouver, BC
- Mount Saint Joseph Hospital at 3080 Prince Edward St, Vancouver, BC
- Holy Family Hospital at 7801 Argyle Dr, Vancouver, BC
- St. Vincent's Langara at 255 W62nd Ave, Vancouver, BC
- Youville Residence at 4950 Heather St, Vancouver, BC
Providence Health Care (PHC) is a health and wellness resource for all British Columbians. We’re committed to treating those we serve — and each other — with compassion and respect.
While it started with very humble roots, the PHC of today has grown; now there are almost 9,000 people working at our 17 sites. We have 8,000 staff, 1,500 medical staff/physicians, 200 researchers, 1,600 volunteers.
“How you want to be treated” is now a benchmark — for all of us, every day.
PHC is strongly committed to creating and maintaining a workplace of choice where employees are recognized and valued. PHC strives to provide work-life balance and promotes a positive work culture by having integrated support model of training, mentoring and coaching so the Manager can support their staff to provide exceptional care.
Qualifications / Skills and Education
- You can provide at least 3-4 days of availability per week.
- You have a Food Safe Certificate Level 1, and it's up-to-date.
- Grade 10 plus one year’s recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
What You Will Do
All of us at Providence Health Care are committed to treating each other the same way: with compassion and respect. As a Dietary Aide, you will have the chance to be a part of a team that promotes a safe, respectful, and civil working environment for patients, residents, families, visitors, and staff. This an extraordinary chance for you to work in healthcare.
You will report directly to the Food Services Manager, and your responsibilities will include:
- Portioning and serving meals
- Assisting with food production by washing and peeling vegetables and fruits
- Preparing coffee/tea and toast, portioning desserts, assembling sandwiches and salads
- Preparing and portioning diet items in accordance with nutritional plans
- Measuring and combining food and beverage ingredients by methods such as grinding, blending, slicing, dicing and/or puree
- Checking patient/resident meals/trays to ensure dietary accuracy
- Delivering wagons/trays to patient/resident units
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Providence Health Care must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.