Join the Road to Recovery Initiative and become part of this first-in-Canada model of treatment that has the power to transform addiction care nationwide.
Are you a compassionate and passionate Nurse with a drive to make a profound impact on the lives of individuals battling addiction and substance use? Look no further – this is the opportunity you've been waiting for.
About the Road to Recovery Program: The Road to Recovery Program at St. Paul's Hospital is at the forefront of innovative addiction and substance use care. We offer a comprehensive continuum of services to support patients and residents in their journey to recovery. From our Rapid Access Addiction Clinic to withdrawal management, in-patient recovery-focused beds, transitional housing, outpatient treatment, and beyond, the Road to Recovery program was designed to fill the gaps in the existing system, providing seamless access to the care individuals need when they need it. The R2R program is committed to delivering holistic and compassionate care, addressing the physical, social, psychological, and spiritual needs of our patients.
Why Join the Road to Recovery Program? As a Registered Nurse with the Road to Recovery Program, you will play a vital role in providing comprehensive and holistic care to patients and residents battling addiction and substance use. Working within a dynamic interdisciplinary team, you will assess, plan, implement, and evaluate nursing care, ensuring the physical, social, spiritual, and psychological needs of our patients are met. You will collaborate closely with healthcare professionals, incorporate teaching into care plans, and make referrals as necessary, all while adhering to the BCCNM Standards of Practice and our organization's mission, vision, and values.
- Innovative approach: Join our pioneering Road to Recovery Program, providing a comprehensive continuum of care and filling the gaps in the existing system.
- Meaningful impact: Your dedication and expertise will directly impact the lives of individuals struggling with addiction, providing them with the support and care they need on their Road to Recovery.
- Dynamic interdisciplinary environment: Collaborate with a world-class team of healthcare professionals who share the same passion and commitment to excellence.
- Growth opportunities: Whether you are a new graduate or an experienced nurse, we welcome individuals at all stages of their career, offering opportunities for professional development and growth.
- State-of-the-art facilities: Be part of the exciting growth of the program. The Road to Recovery Program will eventually house 100 beds, with the first phase focused on stabilization opening in fall of 2023 at St. Paul’s Hospital. The unit will then transition to the state-of-the-art NEW St. Paul’s Hospital on the Jim Pattison Medical Campus when it opens in 2027.
To learn more about the Road to Recovery Program and substance use initiatives with Providence Health Care, please visit the following links:
- Explore The Road to Recovery Program at St.Paul's Hospital
- Substance Use Initiatives with Providence Health Care
We encourage you to take this chance to embark on a fulfilling career in addiction and substance use care, making a lasting impact on the lives of those in need.