Providence Health Care
The Health Information Management Administration team is hiring!
Learn more about the Health Information Management team, check us out here.
We acknowledge that Providence Health Care & the new St. Paul’s Hospital site is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
At Providence Health Care, it’s not a job – it’s a passion. Our organization is deeply rooted in social justice and is committed to treating those we serve and each other with compassion and respect. We attract the best people and support them to flourish! Join our team today!
What does the Health Information Management team do?
Health Information Management (HIM) is a leader in the collection, storage, and distribution of patient information within British Columbia. Our dedicated team of professionals are some of the first points of contact at Health Organizations sites. As a consolidated Lower Mainland department of Providence Health Care, HIM has staff at about 40 geographically dispersed locations across Fraser Health, Providence Health Care, Provincial Health Services Authority and Vancouver Coastal Health.
Approximately 1,450 staff working the following Service Areas: Registration, Records Management, Transcription Services, Health Information Exchange, and Coding. Additional Corporate Services include: Strategic Planning, Projects & Business Optimization, Culture & Communications. There is room for growth and development and we aim to support our teams to flourish.
What you'll do:
Reporting to the Director/Manager/Leader (or designate), the Project Manager provides organizational planning, oversight and coordination for the implementation of project(s) of medium to large scope and complexity that may impact multiple sites of the organization and/or partner organizations. Duties include:
- Coordinating project activities to ensure project deliverables are completed on time and on budget.
- Working collaboratively and inspiring others to achieve goals and deliverables through facilitation, effective communication of project vision, and ensuring the culture is one in which individual competencies can thrive.
- Liaising with operational leaders, staff, vendors, and other stakeholders to ensure site(s) readiness and assists with the management of the change at the site(s) level.
- Leading diverse project team(s) and coordinates related activities.
- Effectively manages project resources. Communicates with partners, and all levels of staff and management on the scope and status of the project and acts as a resource.
- Developing briefing papers, reports, and presentations ensuring the timely and effective implementation of decisions.
- Participating on committees and working groups as required.
Qualifications / Skills and Education
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Baccalaureate degree in a relevant field and five (5) to seven (7) years’ recent, related experience that includes managing medium to large projects, preferably directly with health care organizations.
Eligible for registration and/or registration with an applicable licensing body may be required depending on project.
Skills and Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management concepts, tools and methodologies.
- Broad knowledge of health care systems including understanding the interface between primary, acute, community, research and academic environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of best practices for change management and change leadership.
- Knowledge of budget management, funding and project administration.
- Knowledge of policies, procedures, rules and regulations and best practices within the sector.
- Ability to utilize initiative, vision, independent and analytical thinking and creative problem-solving abilities to implement project plans and realize project completion.
- Ability to interact productively and professionally with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders within a complex interdisciplinary environment including physician, nursing and other health professional communities.
- Effective facilitation, persuasion and negotiation skills to achieve consensus, resolve conflict and achieve desired outcomes.
- Proven leadership skills with demonstrated ability to motivate and mentor others.
- Ability to work effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Functional knowledge of word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, project management and database applications.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with other members of the project leadership team to establish detailed project charters, plans, and objectives to outline timelines and project deliverables.
- Executes project plan according to project methodologies, ensures successful and coordinated completion of project components, facilitates consensus with stakeholders as needed, and ensures readiness for project implementation.
- Tracks project progress according to project plan, monitors and reports on the status of projects and major issues/obstacles encountered. Makes recommendations regarding project scope changes.
- Uses best utilization methods to thoroughly monitor and adhere to allocated budgets.
- Acts as a resource to project team and staff, provides support and maintains project timelines.
- Contributes to the implementation of effective processes to ensure project success and to assess project risks, identify risk mitigation strategies and monitor risk throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Meets with stakeholders, explains parameters of project and seeks input from the cross functional team leaders. Works collaboratively with team members to establish roles and responsibilities, identify skills required and supports needed by the team.
- Discusses timelines for project and directs work of team members as applicable to project. Ensures team members receive applicable orientation and/or training, provides input into recruitment, selection and performance issues and actions discipline, if required.
- Manages and monitors project budget and liaises with the Director/Manager/Leader (or designate) on variances and/or other issues.
- Works in collaboration with organizational and project leadership and other stakeholders to develop a process of evaluation for project outcomes, data collection and analysis.
- Ensures accurate and timely communications to stakeholders including monitoring the communication processes between the project team, and internal and external stakeholders and introducing changes where required. Provides regular status reports to project leadership including reporting on milestones.
- Develops briefing papers, reports and presentations, researching elements as required, to support timely decision-making and implementation.
- Participates on a variety of committees and establishes positive working relationships in order to ensure successful outcomes and cooperation from others on the project.
- Plans and executes handover to operational teams at the conclusion of the project.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Providence Health Care must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.