Project Manager Patient Centred Performance Measurement
Providence Health Care
Reporting to the Provincial Director, Patient-Centred Performance Measurement, the Project Manager is responsible for leading and coordinating the planning implementation and evaluation of multiple, large-scale sector survey project activities to ensure project deliverables are completed on time and on budget. Assigned projects are provincial in scope, involving all six Health Authorities and the British Columbia Ministry of Health Services. The Project Manager works collaboratively with stakeholders at all levels and inspires others to achieve goals and deliverables through facilitation, effective communication and addressing potential barriers to success. Communicates with all levels of staff and management across the province to facilitate consensus, consult, negotiate and share information. The position liaises with sector representatives from every Health Authority and the British Columbia Ministry of Health Services, consultants, other health care entities and other external agencies, as needed. The Project Manager develops sustainable education and operational plans, evaluates outcomes and acts as a resource for staff.
Qualifications / Skills and Education
Master’s Degree in a health care discipline or Business Administration and five (5) to seven (7) years’ recent, related experience that includes managing large-scale projects, facilitating and managing consultation processes with a wide range of stakeholder groups, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Current registration with appropriate licensing body.
Skills and Abilities
Comprehensive knowledge of, and demonstrated experience with, project management principles and methodologies and ability to coach staff on these skills.
Demonstrated ability to manage medium to large, high profile development and implementation projects.
Comprehensive knowledge of survey research methodology.
Ability to gain extensive knowledge of sectors defined as priorities for coordinating province-wide surveys.
Ability to utilize initiative, vision, independent thinking and creative problem-solving abilities to implement project plans and realize project completion.
Broad knowledge of patient care delivery systems in primary, acute and residential settings.
Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment involving physician and inter-professional communities.
Demonstrated issues management and change management abilities.
Effective collaboration, facilitation, persuasion and negotiation skills to achieve consensus, resolve conflict and achieve desired outcomes.
Ability to work effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner.
Demonstrated knowledge of word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, project management and database applications.
Ability to analyze and report statistical data.
Ability to work well with others from a variety of disciplines with varying degrees of functional and technical experience to present difficult issues and solicit input to resolve complex issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Leads and/or facilitates project planning sessions with senior managers and project team members to develop project plans, goals, objectives, timelines, deliverables, communication plans and performance measures with input from the BC Patient Satisfaction Steering Committee, sector consultation groups and in consultation with the Provincial Director or designate.
2. Executes project plan according to project methodologies, ensures successful and coordinated completion of project components, facilitates consensus with stakeholders as needed, and ensures readiness for project implementation.
3. Leads diverse project teams of individuals from clinical, academic and research positions across the province. Assigns tasks to team members, monitors completion of tasks and quality of deliverables.
4. Tracks project progress according to project plan, monitors and reports on the status of the project and major issues/obstacles encountered. In collaboration with the inter-professional team, makes recommendations regarding project scope changes, rationale for change, seeks consensus and proceeds as needed. Acts as a resource to project team and staff, provides support and maintains project timelines.
5. Contributes to the implementation of effective processes to ensure project success and to assess project risks, identify risk mitigation strategies and monitor risk throughout the life cycle of the project.
6. Monitors expenditures, identifies financial issues, seeks to adhere to budget and communicates budget status to the Provincial Director or designate.
7. Determines methods for and conducts consultation sessions with stakeholders. Develops business plans in support of the projects goals and objectives. Communicates with project sponsors and the organization on the scope and status of the project, benefits to patients and staff, obligations and responsibilities and changes in processes. Ensures questions and concerns are addressed.
8. Meets with stakeholders, explains parameters of project and seeks input from the interdisciplinary team. Establishes roles and responsibilities of team members, identifies skills required and supports needed by the team.
9. Takes projects from original concept through to final completion. Carries out post-implementation reviews and makes recommendations on how to improve future sector survey projects and protect management processes. Develops a process of evaluation for project outcomes, data collection and analysis.
10. Maintains ongoing support from project sponsors and stakeholder groups, keeps stakeholders aware of project starts and ensures effective communication channels are in place.
11. Collaborates with interdisciplinary team to develop and promote flexible and sustainable education and training strategies and works with project team to gain commitment to implemented processes.
12. Participates on a variety of committees and establishes positive working relationships in order to ensure successful outcomes and cooperation from others on the project.
13. Integrates the mandate of the project plan with existing services and programs where possible, in order to strengthen the project and ensure responsible use of human and fiscal resources.
14. Performs other related duties as assigned.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Providence Health Care must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.