Psychologist - Eating Disorders Discovery Day Mental Health Program (Part-Time, Permanent)
Providence Health Care
Reporting to the Program Director, Mental Health, and under the clinical direction of the Professional Practice Leader, the Psychologist, Discovery Day Program is in charge of psychological services for the Discovery Day Program at the St. Paul’s Hospital site, part of the Eating Disorders Program (Mental Health Program). The Psychologist, Discovery Day Program works within the context of a client and family centered care model and in accordance with the established standards of professional practice of the College of Psychologists of British Columbia and within the vision and values of the organization. The Psychologist, Discovery Day Program is responsible for the development, management and provision of psychology services within the Discovery Day Program including supervision of staff in addition to providing individual and group therapy to clients.
Qualifications / Skills and Education
Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology from an accredited University plus one year of supervised internship. Recent related, experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Current registration with the College of Psychologists of British Columbia or commitment to obtaining registration within fifteen (15) months of employment.
Please note: Psychologists registered in Alberta, who are graduates of a Master’s of Psychology program, will be considered for the position, if they are eligible for registration with the College of Psychologists of B.C.
Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of therapeutic, diagnostic and consultation techniques.
• Knowledge of psychology assessment and treatment methods and tools.
• Knowledge of evidence based psychological practice.
• Ability to function as a team member, leader and facilitator.
• Ability to communicate with and deal effectively with co-workers, clients and their families, both one-on-one and in groups.
• Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
• Ability to teach and provide clinical supervision.
• Ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
• Ability to operate related equipment including personal computer and related word processing and spreadsheet software.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Providence Health Care must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.