Pocketed is an Equal Opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know. In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (for example: she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Pocketed is hiring a Grant Researcher to join our team!
Pocketed is a rapidly growing software startup that helps businesses across North America access billions of dollars in ‘free money’ through grants, tax credits, and incentives. We're a female-founded, female-led company with a bold vision: to give entrepreneurs the power to create and build businesses without financial barriers. Today, more than 10,000 businesses use Pocketed to access over $100M in grant funding and tax credits to extend their runway and achieve their growth goals.
As a Grant Researcher, you will play a crucial role in identifying and scoping funding opportunities for Pocketed’s diverse software users and consulting clients. Working closely with our Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success teams, you’ll diligently explore and evaluate new programs, make software-informed funding strategy recommendations, identify marketing opportunities, and fortify our program intelligence and funder relationships. Alongside our Product and Database teams, you’ll contribute to the excellence of Pocketed’s proprietary funding database. All your efforts will drive our overall mission of removing financial barriers for entrepreneurs.
- Funding Research: Conduct ongoing and comprehensive research to identify and scope a wide range of non-dilutive funding sources; including government grants, tax incentives, private foundations, corporate sponsorships, and industry-specific awards. This includes contacting funders directly for additional information.
- Funding Program Analysis: Analyze funding guidelines, eligibility criteria, and application requirements to determine alignment with our clients’ projects, goals, and vision. Your insights will be used to improve our software product and matching capabilities.
- Ecosystem Monitoring: Stay current with economic trends, emerging funding opportunities, government priorities, program decisions and best practices related to grant writing to optimize our clients’ chances of securing funding. Provide regular updates on the funding landscape to the wider Pocketed team.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, Product and Database, to ensure a cohesive use of program and process insights.
- Innovation: Pocketed has developed a proprietary suite of software tools for identifying programs and tracking changes and updates within existing programs. Your feedback will be directly integrated into the improvement of our product and software capabilities. Suggest improvements and features to make Pocketed even more powerful for users.
- Bachelor's degree; business, finance, economics, or social sciences are all relevant.
- 1-2 years of experience in a research role.
- Excellent research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional written communication skills with a talent for crafting persuasive messaging.
- A proactive and detail-oriented approach to stay ahead of funding trends and maintain accurate documentation.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams, manage deadlines, and multitask effectively.
- Familiarity with various industries and sectors to tailor funding opportunities to the organization's needs is a plus.
- Knowledge of grants, tax credits, debt solutions, and business solutions within North America
- Experience in start-ups or small business and/or funding agencies is an asset.
In this role you will work closely with a tight-knit founding team to rapidly design and build new generation solutions to real-world problems. Reporting to our Director of Growth, you will have the full support of our Product team, our Technical team, and our Growth team.
More specifically, your benefits will include:
- Competitive compensation
- Extended health & dental benefits
- Employee Stock Options
- Flexible work hours & schedule
- Remote work arrangement (our team is distributed across Canada)
- Peer support (you're joining a strong marketing & growth team!)
- Team meetings
- One-on-one meetings with our Director of Marketing
Does this sound like the right opportunity for you? Apply today!
About Pocketed: Help businesses across Canada grow & thrive!
A lack of financial resources is one of the primary reasons businesses fail. With billions of dollars in ‘free money’ (grants & tax credits) available every year to small businesses and start-ups, how is this still possible? The system is broken – and that’s why we built Pocketed. Pocketed helps companies get the capital they need to grow with our intelligent matching platform and funding solutions. Learn more at hellopocketed.io.
We are a female-founded, female-led company with a strong team. Together, we're relentlessly in pursuit of a powerful purpose: eliminating financial barriers for businesses. We're looking for impact-focused people to build with us.
In the past 2 years, we oversubscribed our alpha launch by more than 500%, achieved a 95/100 Net Promoter Score from alpha users, launched a US pilot, won the 2022 Forum Pitch Competition and e@UBC People's Choice award, named a BC Tech TIA Startup Company of the Year, featured in the Globe and Mail, Techcouver, BetaKit, and more, and have helped more than 10,000 companies access over $100M in government funding.