Business Development Representative
Pocketed is hiring a Business Development Representative to join our team!
Pocketed is a rapidly growing software startup that helps businesses across North America access billions of dollars in ‘free money’ through grants, tax credits, and incentives. We're a female-founded, female-led company with a bold vision: to give entrepreneurs the power to create and build businesses without financial barriers. Today, more than 10,000 businesses use Pocketed to access grant funding and tax credits to extend their runway and grow their business.
As a Business Development Representative, you'll be responsible for identifying and developing new business opportunities, building relationships with potential clients, and helping to grow our customer base.
- Identify new business opportunities and generate leads through research and outreach
- Build relationships with potential clients and partners
- Conduct product demos and presentations to potential clients
- Collaborate with the sales team to identify and prioritize sales opportunities
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends and competitor activities
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our products and services
- Represent Pocketed at industry events and conferences
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or a related field
- 1-2 years of experience in business development or sales
- Don’t let experience stop you from applying - this is a great role for a recent grad with a ‘can-do’ attitude!
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently to contribute to a greater team goal
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Familiarity with CRM software and sales tools
In this role you will work closely with a tight-knit founding team to rapidly design and build new generation solutions to real-world problems. As part of our growth team, you will have the full support of our CEO, Head of Growth, growth team, and our entire technical team.
More specifically, your benefits will include:
- Competitive compensation
- Extended health & dental benefits
- Flexible work hours & schedule
- Remote work arrangement (our team is distributed across Canada)
- Peer support (you're joining a strong marketing & growth team!)
- Team meetings
- One-on-one meetings with our Head of Growth
Does this sound like the right opportunity for you? Apply today!
About Pocketed: Help businesses across Canada grow & thrive!
A lack of financial resources is one of the primary reasons businesses fail. With billions of dollars in ‘free money’ (grants & tax credits) available every year to small businesses and start-ups, how is this still possible? The system is broken – and that’s why we built Pocketed. Pocketed helps companies get the capital they need to grow with our intelligent matching platform and funding solutions. Learn more at hellopocketed.io.
We are a female-founded, female-led company with a strong team. Together, we're relentlessly in pursuit of a powerful purpose: eliminating financial barriers for businesses. We're looking for impact-focused people to build with us.
In the past 2 years, we oversubscribed our alpha launch by more than 500%, achieved a 95/100 Net Promoter Score from alpha users, launched a US pilot, won the 2022 Forum Pitch Competition and e@UBC People's Choice award, named a BC Tech TIA Startup Company of the Year, featured in the Globe and Mail, Techcouver, BetaKit, and more, and have helped more than 10,000 companies access over $100M in government funding.
deepND Inc. dba Pocketed is an Equal Opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know. In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (for example: she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).