Costing Engineer, Thai Binh (Vietnam)
Vietnam · Remote
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
About this team
We are the Hong Kong Global production, Quality & merchandising team. We manage the relationship with our apparel & accessories vendors to ensure lululemon has best in class manufacturers. We work cross-functionally across the entire product team to ensure product meets our business strategy, quality & cost goals. We then work with our vendors to make those products a reality.
Reporting to the Sr. Costing Manager @ Hong Kong, the Costing Engineer (CE) will be the Industrial engineering expert for lululemon global production and sourcing. CE supports productivity and efficiency by providing leadership and direction to factory management and Industrial Engineering team. CE identifies /evaluates problems, efficiency opportunities and develop improvements to production, efficient material utilization by minimizing waste and improved methods of operations by using proven Industrial Engineering techniques to reduce manufacturing cost, improve quality and productivity.
He/She will develop and maintain the efficiency buildup and education plan for short, mid and long-term basis in accordance with global production/sourcing strategy. CE will liaise with lululemon costing team, merchandising team and implement efficiency on SMV and material usage. The CE will work closely with Sr. Costing manager, quality team and vendors to meet seasonal goals. This role will be based in Vietnam / Sri Lanka and require domestic and international travel.
A day in the life:
- Execute Costing Excellence projects via the application of Industrial Engineering best practices and continuous improvement activities within the supplier base that deliver measurable & sustainable improvement in manufacturing cost with quality.
- Execute best practices followed in manufacturing with proper tools, machineries, and continuous track of all data.
- Identify and evaluate cost improvement opportunities within production environment.
- Ensure improvements are sustained through the introduction of work instructions, workplace organization, quality standards, training records and performance measurement.
- Collaborate with factories as external consultant to make recommendations to Industrial Engineering and Costing teams to improve costing processes.
- Evaluate new technology, machinery processes and execute best production methods to impact cost from poor quality.
- Conduct feasibility studies of various projects to determine the value of potential opportunities to lululemon business.
- Execute industrial engineering techniques and drive change to existing processes with increased productivity / efficiency to reduce cost.
- Train Industrial Engineering concept to both lululemon and factories team.
- Track all data of cost improvements initiatives.
- You have 6-10 years’ experience working closely & building relationships with offshore manufacturers
- You are an expert industrial engineer in apparel manufacturing, able to do operation bulletin, calculate SMV and Do line balancing to improve efficiencies inline.
- Preferably you are a GSD certified and can challenge manufacturing suppliers in SMV and best methods.
- You are expert in cutting and finishing process of apparel / accessories.
- You can measure and calculate material consumption reading specifications of product.
- You are a multi-task master & can handle multiple projects working with a variety of cross-functional partners
- You are confident in your strengths, always open to challenges and prefer negotiating face to face
- Excel and Power Point is your best friend
- Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness, and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously.
At lululemon, we care for and invest in the whole person – body, mind, spirit. Our total rewards program is designed to support you in achieving your goals and focus on the things you love. In addition to competitive base pay and a team-based bonus program, we also offer paid time off, generous employee discounts, fitness/yoga classes, parenthood top up program and personal and professional development programs.
Note: availability of these benefits and perks may be subject to your location & employment type and may have certain eligibility requirements. The Company reserves the right to alter these benefits and perks in whole or in part at any time without advance notice.