Director, Integrated Go-To-Market (GTM) Transformation
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
lululemon’s purpose - we elevate human potential by helping people feel their best - is as dynamic as the company’s history and current momentum.
From our roots in Vancouver, Canada, lululemon has growth across the globe and through new channels to serve guests worldwide. Today, lululemon is a publicly traded (LULU) $8.1B global business with more than 30,000+ employees and over 670+ stores across four continents and 25 regions. lululemon’s products include Performance Apparel for women and men (pants, shorts, tops, jackets) for healthy activities such as yoga, running, training, and most other activities, On the Move Apparel (OTM) for women and men (RTW tops, bottoms, outerwear, knits and wovens), Accessories (bags, socks, underwear, yoga mats/equipment, and water bottles), and most recently, footwear.
2022 was an exceptional year from a product newness and innovation standpoint, fueled by the Science of Feel with women’s revenue increasing 30%, men’s growing 22%, and accessories up 70%, versus 2021. Our results were driven by expansion within our core categories with the launch of our Senseknit fabric technology and cold weather run styles, and we grew our Play categories with our golf, tennis, and hike capsules. And while footwear remains a test and learn for us, we’re pleased with our results and are thrilled to bring head-to-toe solutions to our guests.
The power of our brand translated to growth across regions in 2022—North America grew 29% and International increased 35% compared to last year. As the impacts of COVID-19 normalize, we expect our momentum to accelerate, and we are excited for the opportunity in China in 2023 and beyond. In Q4, revenue in China increased over 30% versus the same period last year. We opened 29 new stores in 2022, our largest annual number ever in China Mainland.
In the second quarter of 2023, net revenue increased 18% to $2.2 billion, gross profit increased 32% to $1.2 billion, and earnings per share increased 22% versus last year to $2.68. North American revenue increased by 11% and international by 52% both versus last year. In Q2, we gained 1.3 points of market share with gains in both men’s and women’s. We also opened our first store in Bangkok, Thailand, marketing our 100th store in APAC. At the end of Q2, we have a total of 672 stores, with presence in 25 markets around the world. (Source: lululemon Investor Relations)
Our Impact / Impact is an essential part of our culture and underpins our business strategy. Guided by our Impact Agenda, we approach this work holistically through three pillars that address the interconnection of our products, people, the communities we serve, and our planet.
Be Human / We are taking thoughtful steps towards a more equitable and inclusive future. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of communities we serve and operate in through our IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, & Action) work, investing in our people with full pay equity, holistic benefit offerings, and leadership development, as well as supporting and empowering the makers across the supply chain.
Be Well / As a global company committed to helping people feel their best, we are leveraging our business, expertise, resources, and communities to invest in and advocate for the wellbeing of those most impacted by systemic inequity around the world. Our goal is to provide access to wellbeing tools and resources to more than 10 million people by 2025.
Be Planet / To create a healthier planet, we are innovating to create more sustainable materials and working to advance a circular ecosystem. Across our value chain, we are also reducing our carbon, waste, and water footprint, and improving chemicals management through science-based targets.
Transformation as a Growth Driver at lululemon
The Integrated Go-To-Market Transformation Team sits at the heart of an end-to-end value chain transformation of how lululemon operates. We act as an internal catalyst that identifies, suggests, and conceptualizes process optimization opportunities while providing strategic planning support, evaluating & driving synergies, streamlining processes, and making actionable recommendations to raise efficiency and drive profitability.
The Director of Integrated GTM Transformation will report into the VP of GTM Business Transformation. They will lead our GTM Transformation Team, leading us through a newly established vision for continued value chain transformation through high growth at lululemon. In this role you will Champion the Evolution of our GTM model. This includes bringing to life the identified strategy & roadmap across People, Process and Technology.
The ideal candidate will be both a Growth Architect and Relationship Builder – who will inspire, connect and create opportunities that enable and support lululemon’s growth & transformation goals. You will build and maintain relationships with the Leadership Team and , cross functional Partners, to proactively enable the future of lululemon. Key Stakeholders include Product, Supply Chain, Brand, Regions, Technology, and beyond. You will create Trust & Connection across all of these parties.
As an Inspired Leader, you are committed to the growth of your teams through a People-First Approach. You naturally enable your team’s personal & professional goals that enable their own success and in turn the organization’s success as well.
Reporting + Direct Reports: The role is a direct report into our Vice President, Integrated GTM Transformation, and will oversee the GTM Transformation team of 6+ FTEs across multiple established workstreams.
Direct Peer Relationships: The Director, Integrated GTM Managements sit on the lululemon GTM Transformation Leadership Team and work closely with all of its members: Director, GTM Management, and Director, Product Data Governance, with strong cross-functional partnerships across lululemon.
OVERSIGHT AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Owns the planning, execution and controlling of multiple strategic projects with strong analytical focus and understanding of consumer-centric strategies
- Drives the problem-solving process: frames problems, guides analytical modeling, and through analysis provides insights into solutions
- Advise senior leaders on operating model redesign; lead their teams through the process of envisioning and designing new ways of working
- Facilitates meetings and workshops with all the levels of the organization
- Effectively manages the change driven by the project and is capable of steering the business in a new direction
- Can coach other team members
- Understands and shows passion for the worldwide fashion and retail market in terms of consumer behavior, competitor and industry developments
- Act as the product-wide center of excellence for Operating Model design
- Be laser focused on outcomes, the critical risks standing in our way and develop diligent plans to work through them to ensure success
- Build relationships and manage difficult conversations with Enterprise Business Transformation and cross-functional leaders
- Lead, coach, develop and empower the GTM Transformation team for the org and to contribute excellence to the business with a drive for simplified and standardized service and program excellence
- Lead the design and synthesis of lululemon's Product Strategic Planning process to deliver our long-range goals
Required Skills & Experience
- 10+ years’ experience in go to market (GTM) transformation
- At least 5 years leading high performing teams
- Retail Industry expertise
- Consulting and/or Investment Banking experience is an asset
- Affinity with lifestyle, fashion and/or consumer facing industries
- Affinity with technology, data enablement, digital transformation and the human interaction that is central to their success
- Experience working for a Fortune 500/multinational company or multi-national consulting firm is preferred
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally, including with senior leadership
- Project management, problem structuring, and strategic problem solving skills – Demonstrated ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Strategic vision and creative thinking: - Ability to look beyond existing paradigms, and change the organization according to new business concepts
- Understands the complexity of a matrix organization, capable of operating within one
- Effective communicator and influencer. Comfortable presenting in front of senior leadership audiences. Facilitates workshops and resolves possible conflict
- Ability to work in multi-cultural & multi-lingual environment
- Hands-on mentality and pragmatic approach with strong collaboration attitude and team play
- Ambitious, motivated to go the extra mile and able to perform in a demanding work environment.
- High standard of ethics, integrity and confidentiality
CANDIDATE CRITERIA – “MUST HAVES”
A Deep Transformation & Operational Planning Expert. You have meaningful experience in creating, leading & overseeing a Transformation function from within a corporate environment at a large organizational scale. Product, Supply, Brand experience combined with consulting experience would be preferred. You have strong expertise in both defining the transformation, as well as implementing the identified value chain process & plan including jumping into the details to see the change through to fruition.
High Growth. You have meaningful experience in high-growth environments where you experienced business transformation at a high speed. You understand & have the ability to see where we’re going, what’s missing and connect the right teams at the right times, ensuring seamless enrollment, alignment, communication and program execution.
Global in Understanding. You have experience within global frameworks including understanding the complexities of transforming an organization with global stakeholders & impacts.
Who Wins With Others. You are skilled at building relationships. You have a high EQ, are approachable, authentic, willing to take the lead when necessary, but also want others in the limelight. You connect with your team, internal & external stakeholders naturally. You build trust through hard work and diligence including personally rolling up your sleeves when the team needs it. You are a natural coach and mentor who is committed to the growth of your team.
NICE TO HAVES
- IManagement and/or Strategy Consulting experience
- Strong understanding of Technology Enablement within Transformation
- Consumer Products Industry Expertise
- Functional experience / ownership
Authorization to work in Canada is required for this role.
Authorization to work in Canada is required for this role.
Compensation and Benefits Package
lululemon’s compensation offerings are grounded in a pay-for-performance philosophy that recognizes exceptional individual and team performance. The typical hiring range for this position is from $149,800 - $196,700 annually; the base pay offered is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and internal equity. As part of our total rewards offering, permanent employees in this position may be eligible for our competitive annual bonus program and equity offerings, subject to program eligibility requirements.
At lululemon, investing in our people is a top priority. We believe that when life works, work works. We strive to be the place where inclusive leaders come to develop and enable all to be well. Recognizing our teams for their performance and dedication, other components of our total rewards offerings include support of career development, wellbeing, and personal growth:
- Extended health and dental benefits, and mental health plans
- Paid time off
- Savings and retirement plan matching
- Generous employee discount
- Fitness & yoga classes
- Parenthood top-up
- Extensive catalog of development course offerings
- People networks, mentorship programs, and leadership series (to name a few)
Note: The incentive programs, benefits, and perks have certain eligibility requirements. The Company reserves the right to alter these incentive programs, benefits, and perks in whole or in part at any time without advance notice.
This role is classified as Hybrid under our SSC Workplace Policy:
In-person collaboration is important, and much of the role can be performed remotely. Work is performed onsite at least 3 days per week.