Senior Director, Global Workplace Design
Design, Sales & Business Development
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
about the role
This role is critical in driving the global strategy for our SSC spaces and workplace experience including site location selection, leasing/real estate, construction, space planning & design and office workplace experience. This role is responsible for ensuring that our SSC workplaces/offices bring our brand and values to life in an inspiring way, as well as to enable workplace effectiveness, productivity, and collaboration. This role will consult across business functions and senior leaders to understand business needs and requirements, and to provide creative recommendations that push the envelope towards the future of workplace design.
- Lead the strategic visioning of lululemon’s workplace environment for our global corporate offices, identifying the purpose and guidelines to deliver an optimal employee workplace experience.
- Collaborate and lead across global cross-functional stakeholders, vendors, and third parties (including contractors, builders, and designers) to implement the identified strategy.
- Oversee and manage a portfolio of site improvements and new build projects, ensuring quality, timeliness and on budget completion.
- Responsible for continuous process improvement to improve efficiency and effectiveness of operations, including routine review of policies and procedures
- Analyzes data and identifies replacement, repair and maintenance challenges. Share opportunities with the team to research, test and measure and improve site programs.
- Proactively monitor space utilization and headcount growth trajectories to effectively plan for future space/location needs
- Regularly reports out to leadership on progress towards key deliverables
- Fosters and demonstrates a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation, and exceeding expectations
- Minimum 10-15 years’ experience in Facilities Development, Construction and/or Operations or comparable operational management position
- Experience managing new developments, facilities renovations and real estate
- Leadership experience and ability to lead through direct reports, and cross functional partners at the global level
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder engagement skills with experience presenting & planning materials for future design concept, workspace focus groups and executive stakeholder meetings.
- Experience leading large-scale change efforts to ensure new ideas and initiatives are strongly introduced and executed to reach their maximum potential.
- A strategic, values-oriented leader with demonstrated excellence in facilities management, project management within a multi-venue location environments.
- Strong consulting skills and service-orientation mindset to liaise with other functional/departmental leaders to understand all necessary aspects and needs of operational development, and to ensure they are informed of operational objectives across the organization.
- Bachelor's or equivalent degree in business / commerce, construction, or operations management
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.
Authorization to work in Canada is required for this role.
Compensation and Benefits Package
lululemon’s compensation offerings are grounded in a pay-for-performance philosophy that recognizes exceptional individual and team performance. The typical hiring range for this position is from $176,200 - 231,200 annually; the base pay offered is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and internal equity. As part of our total rewards offering, permanent employees in this position may be eligible for our competitive annual bonus program and equity offerings, subject to program eligibility requirements.
At lululemon, investing in our people is a top priority. We believe that when life works, work works. We strive to be the place where inclusive leaders come to develop and enable all to be well. Recognizing our teams for their performance and dedication, other components of our total rewards offerings include support of career development, wellbeing, and personal growth:
- Extended health and dental benefits, and mental health plans
- Paid time off
- Savings and retirement plan matching
- Generous employee discount
- Fitness & yoga classes
- Parenthood top-up
- Extensive catalog of development course offerings
- People networks, mentorship programs, and leadership series (to name a few)
Note: The incentive programs, benefits, and perks have certain eligibility requirements. The Company reserves the right to alter these incentive programs, benefits, and perks in whole or in part at any time without advance notice.
This role is classified as Hybrid under our SSC Workplace Policy:
In-person collaboration is important, and much of the role can be performed remotely. Work is performed onsite at least 3 days per week.