Senior Manager, Global Risk and Advisory
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
about this team:
Reporting to the VP, Global RAS, the Senior Manager, Global RAS is accountable for overseeing and supporting team delivery of technology audits as it relates to lululemon’s technology environment including information system processes and controls, data integrity and governance, and information system resilience and work closely as a strategic business partner to lululemon’s Technology organization. lululemon’s Technology organization is global in nature. It is made up of on premise, SaaS and custom applications and solutions to support the global business.
a day in the life: what you’ll do:
- Lead the annual Technology Internal Audit planning process and interim risk assessments taking into consideration internal and external factors impacting the business.
- Lead a team, including external consultants, to oversee and perform audits of technology systems and processes.
- Conduct audits and/or advisory work to make recommendations on how to improve lululemon’s technology control environment.
- Identify key technology and information security risks and controls, control optimization opportunities, including the configuration of controls to support key business processes.
- Prepare audit reports on the adequacy and effectiveness of control structure, along with practical recommendations to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of controls.
- Clearly communicate technology audit related issues, findings and recommendations to various levels in the organization.
- Be a strategic business partner to the Technology Leadership team and other business functions to influence and guide on risk and improvements to effectiveness and efficiency and regulatory compliance.
- Collaborate with other members of the Internal Audit team to support the execution of other audits when there are technology considerations involved.
- Lead data analytics (PowerBI, SQL, R, Python) and automation strategy in the conduct of internal audits and continuous monitoring.
- Apply effective people leadership skills leading team through performance management, career development and budget management.
- Provide support and feedback to team members, including communicating team goals and identifying areas for new training or skill checks.
- Perform work in accordance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing as established by the Institute of Internal Auditors in addition to the Institute of Internal Auditor’s Code of Ethics.
- Maintain a high level of standards, integrity, confidentiality and exercise sound judgment.
- Technology evolution strategy, cybersecurity strategy.
- ERM assessment.
- Inputs from Business Resiliency Team on technology related resiliency risks.
- Compliance for technology compliance risks.
- Maintaining/refining technology auditable areas, technology risk assessment, technology assurance map.
- Internal Audit reports including findings related to technology audits.
- Project spotlights for inclusion in Audit Committee and Board materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (e.g. finance, commerce, economics or equivalent)
- Relevant certifications e.g. CIA, CRMA, RIMS-CRMP
- Preference may be given to applicants with 10+ years of experience in technology/IT auditing, or technology operations (e.g. cyber, GRC) or related experience including (5) years demonstrated progressive management and people leadership skills in a large multinational organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field of study and audit designations such as CPA, CIA, and/or CISA is required.
- Knowledge of NIST, CIS and other IT and Risk frameworks.
- Knowledge of controls, systems and accounting concepts, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of privacy regulations such as GDPR, CCPA, CPRA and other an asset.
- Experience extracting and analyzing large data using PowerBI or other analytical tools to
- provide the business further understanding and opportunities to enhance control structure would be considered an asset.
- Proficiency using SharePoint and MS Office Suite including Excel, Word, OneNote and PowerPoint.
- Hands on experience in Cloud and SaaS environments.
- Travel will be required to lululemon locations within North America and international locations (approximately 15- 20%).
- Strong understanding of business risks and audit risks.
- Detail oriented with a focus on quality.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills interacting with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, team collaboration and delegation skills.
- Excellent problem solving, organizational and critical thinking skills.
- Deep understanding of the COSO Integrated Framework for Internal Controls; and
- Demonstrated time management skills to meet deadlines as well as flexibly adapting to changing priorities.
- Retail knowledge an asset.
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.
Authorization to work in Canada is required for this role.
Authorization to work in Canada is required for this role.
Compensation and Benefits Package
lululemon’s compensation offerings are grounded in a pay-for-performance philosophy that recognizes exceptional individual and team performance. The typical hiring range for this position is from $125,800 - $165,200 annually; the base pay offered is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and internal equity. As part of our total rewards offering, permanent employees in this position may be eligible for our competitive annual bonus program subject to program eligibility requirements.
At lululemon, investing in our people is a top priority. We believe that when life works, work works. We strive to be the place where inclusive leaders come to develop and enable all to be well. Recognizing our teams for their performance and dedication, other components of our total rewards offerings include support of career development, wellbeing, and personal growth:
- Extended health and dental benefits, and mental health plans
- Paid time off
- Savings and retirement plan matching
- Generous employee discount
- Fitness & yoga classes
- Parenthood top-up
- Extensive catalog of development course offerings
- People networks, mentorship programs, and leadership series (to name a few)
Note: The incentive programs, benefits, and perks have certain eligibility requirements. The Company reserves the right to alter these incentive programs, benefits, and perks in whole or in part at any time without advance notice.
This role is classified as Hybrid under our SSC Workplace Policy:
In-person collaboration is important, and much of the role can be performed remotely. Work is performed onsite at least 3 days per week.