Senior Financial Analyst *Technology (12 Month Contract - Hybrid, Vancouver)
IT, Accounting & Finance
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
about the team
Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) is responsible for planning and managing lululemon’s overall financial performance. We are an amazing team of passionate, active, and dedicated leaders who are counted on as a key business partner in strategic and operational decisions. We provide a tremendous opportunity to learn about the various operations within lululemon, working often in cross-functional teams on a variety of projects. You will be able to add value immediately, see the big picture, and develop a business and finance skill set that you can leverage in your future roles within the company. We are a stand for high quality work, driving high quality results and living a high-quality life.
a day in the life:
Reporting to the Senior Manager of FP&A, the Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for the execution of financial planning and analysis activities for people costs, workforce strategies, and the annual operating plan across the Technology organization. You will effectively communicate results to senior leaders to enhance and enable decision making. Furthermore, you will proactively partner with key stakeholders outside of Technology to understand the link between operational and financial results, provide business insights and be a key financial and strategic partner to the Technology team.
- Key strategic partner to the Technology team, leading them through strategic planning, annual operating planning, and monthly forecasting and analysis.
- Identify and investigate monthly and quarterly variances to budget and forecast, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement and potential risks.
- Partner closely with multiple key stakeholders including People & Culture, Organizational Planning & Analysis, Talent Acquisition, and Technology Leadership.
- Partner with the Technology team to develop and maintain long-term workforce roadmaps and reporting which are integrated with our strategic direction.
- Prepare reports and analysis at month and quarter end to communicate financial results to FP&A and business leadership.
- Support capital expense financial analysis and reporting across Technology portfolios during month-end.
- Create, maintain, and improve complex financial models.
- Participate in cross-functional initiatives and ad hoc projects to provide financial analysis for decision support.
- 5+ years of progressive finance, financial analysis or reporting experience with fast-paced business environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, or equivalent
- CPA or MBA is an asset.
- Oracle EPM or large financial planning software knowledge is a plus.
- Strong financial background; exceptional analytical and modeling skills; expert knowledge of Excel is required.
- Extremely organized, detail oriented and takes pride in quality.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiples task in a time sensitive manner.
- Excellent team player as well as the ability to work independently.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal).
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.
Authorization to work in Canada is required for this role.
Authorization to work in Canada is required for this role.
Compensation and Benefits Package
lululemon’s compensation offerings are grounded in a pay-for-performance philosophy that recognizes exceptional individual and team performance. The typical hiring range for this position is from $98,300 - 129,000 annually; the base pay offered is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and internal equity. As part of our total rewards offering, permanent employees in this position may be eligible for our competitive annual bonus program, subject to program eligibility requirements.
At lululemon, investing in our people is a top priority. We believe that when life works, work works. We strive to be the place where inclusive leaders come to develop and enable all to be well. Recognizing our teams for their performance and dedication, other components of our total rewards offerings include support of career development, wellbeing, and personal growth:
- Extended health and dental benefits, and mental health plans
- Paid time off
- Savings and retirement plan matching
- Generous employee discount
- Fitness & yoga classes
- Parenthood top-up
- Extensive catalog of development course offerings
- People networks, mentorship programs, and leadership series (to name a few)
Note: The incentive programs, benefits, and perks have certain eligibility requirements. The Company reserves the right to alter these incentive programs, benefits, and perks in whole or in part at any time without advance notice.
This role is classified as Hybrid under our SSC Workplace Policy:
In-person collaboration is important, and much of the role can be performed remotely. Work is performed onsite at least 3 days per week.