Creative Director (North America Brand and Product Marketing). Vancouver based.
Marketing & Communications, Product, Design
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2023
Brand Creative is charged with elevating the brand in a way that drives an inspired understanding of the stories that underpin and uniquely define lululemon. More specifically, the team is responsible for the consistent creative expression of the lululemon brand internally, and externally across every guest touchpoint and experience… from an ethos, brand language , naming and communications standpoint, as well as the holistic expression of the guest journey, how the brand comes to life both visually and experientially, as well as the in-store guest experience.
The Creative Director for North America is responsible for driving the creative for combined product and brand focused initiatives, campaigns and integrated marketing as well as directing agency creative for Tier 1 through 3 in-market campaigns. The role will also oversee our Like New program, Membership, and Holiday Gifting moments across the calendar year. The Creative Director NA will help drive awareness and engagement with new and existing guests through visual storytelling that brings the brand to life. The role will connect with the Global Brand Creative team to help build in-market creative based on the brand and platform foundations to drive a consistent and distinct narrative globally with a uniquely local point of view.
- Develop Creative that resonates with aspirations of current and new guests helping to define a unique and ownable position for the brand and RTB against competitors in the space to drive brand awareness and loyalty.
- Push to elevate the brand through visually stunning creative and storytelling across channel being mindful of the guest journey.
- Define and curate the outsourcing of agencies, and talent to deliver projects in excellence.
- Deliver stunning and emotionally impactful creative that aligns with our brand positioning.
- Discover and deliver new and engaging innovation stories that move our guests from need to want - moving the needle on brand consideration.
- Accountable for leading the standards and consistency of Brand Identity and voice across key brand activities and guest engagement channels.
- Lead internal teams and external agencies to develop impactful creative concepts and executions that deliver on the brand vision and framework developed by the Global Brand Creative Team.
- Advise on timelines and needs for creative projects
- Drive consistency across channels (in-store, social, ecomm, digital)
- Identify creative resource needs for projects from brief to execution
- Coordinate and direct agencies
- Input on Brand Strategy that entails any visual or verbal brand impacts (sub-brands, naming)
- BA or BFA preferred with a focus in Design, Writing or Fine Arts
- Have experience with art directing integrated marketing campaigns, retail and branded design projects and experiences
- 8+ years with experience at the Creative Director level in a creative agency or in-house creative team
- 8+ years managing highly skilled and multidisciplinary creative teams
- Have led teams in the creation and launch of highly-successful integrated marketing campaigns across multiple media touchpoints
- Highly collaborative and cross-functional leader
- Experience working with a global brand function and a highly matrixed organization
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.
Immigration support is potentially available for this role.
Compensation and Benefits Package
lululemon’s compensation offerings are grounded in a pay-for-performance philosophy that recognizes exceptional individual and team performance. The typical hiring range for this position is from $149,800 – $196,700 annually; the base pay offered is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and internal equity. As part of our total rewards offering, permanent employees in this position may be eligible for our competitive annual bonus program and equity offerings, subject to program eligibility requirements.
At lululemon, investing in our people is a top priority. We believe that when life works, work works. We strive to be the place where inclusive leaders come to develop and enable all to be well. Recognizing our teams for their performance and dedication, other components of our total rewards offerings include support of career development, wellbeing, and personal growth:
- Extended health and dental benefits, and mental health plans
- Paid time off
- Savings and retirement plan matching
- Generous employee discount
- Fitness & yoga classes
- Parenthood top-up
- Extensive catalog of development course offerings
- People networks, mentorship programs, and leadership series (to name a few)
Note: The incentive programs, benefits, and perks have certain eligibility requirements. The Company reserves the right to alter these incentive programs, benefits, and perks in whole or in part at any time without advance notice.