Senior Brand Marketing Manager, North America
Marketing & Communications
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2023
who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
about this team
The North America Brand Marketing team is responsible for creating integrated marketing efforts across all channels to deliver guest communication for the North America business. This role reports to the Senior Manager, North America Brand Marketing, and plays a key contribution in driving growth for the North American business and build equity in our largest market.
The Senior Brand Manager role will be focused on brand marketing projects across NA product campaigns + agile product moments, responsible to develop and execute marketing initiatives that deliver into regional business and brand objectives. At the center of the marketing organization, the Senior Brand Manager role is an experienced marketer providing leadership across all marketing channels and brand creative, bringing to life innovative integrated campaigns. They elevate all initiatives with sound business strategies, that invite strong partnership and co-creation leading cross functional work streams to deliver seamless guest journey. They support with ad-hoc needs that improve marketing processes or initiatives.
a day in the life / what you’ll do
- Leading large scale and complex marketing initiatives/campaigns requiring development of strategy, cross functional marketing plans and execution of integrated omni-channel campaign.
- Create small- and large-scale briefs for marketing campaigns; responsible for insight development, aware of competitor and market trends, category opportunities, establishing campaign objective + KPIs, target audience, and work with cross-functional partners to ensure brief captures needs.
- Establish sharp positioning and strategic channel mix, working collaboratively with key cross-functional partners to deliver fit for channel plans that drive meaningful ROI.
- Strong strategic expertise of channels including and not limited to: merchandising/product, social, retail/in-store marketing, ecommerce, email, digital marketing/paid media, PR, Influencers, local community/marketing, etc.
- Build strong relationships across the organization, and managing stakeholders to keep them enrolled in marketing plans
- Inform Global strategies with regional guest & business insights. Build localized marketing plans to deploy global initiatives across the NA market
- Support creative development with internal or external agencies, providing strategic advice rooted in clear business needs. Experience on set at creative shoots is preferred
- Deliver final strategy, creative and content on brief, on time and on budget
- Responsible for management of project budget
- Strong understanding of operations process and project timeline management
- Lead marketing analysis/reporting and results sharing across the cross-functional teams and using results to inform and adjust strategy for future initiatives
what we’re looking for
- 8-10 years experience working in marketing, and/or agency experience, in a high profile, globally branded organization
- Bachelors degree in related field required
- Creative brief development experience for different scale of campaigns
- Deep understanding of brand and content marketing, tapping into guest + product insights to driving omnichannel initiatives from inception to execution
- An energetic, creative, forward-thinking individual who has their pulse on the future of marketing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to create comprehensive presentation decks. Passionate storyteller that is comfortable presenting, collaborating and rallying cross functional groups
- Adaptable and agile, with ability to juggle changing priorities while maintaining a positive attitude in the face of changing deliverables or business needs
- A university degree in Business or Marketing related field
- Retail, Apparel and/or product marketing industry experience preferred
- Experience working with internal creative teams and agencies is valued
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.
Immigration support is potentially available for this role.
Immigration support is potentially available for this role.
Compensation and Benefits Package
lululemon’s compensation offerings are grounded in a pay-for-performance philosophy that recognizes exceptional individual and team performance. The typical hiring range for this position is from $98,300 - $129,000 annually; the base pay offered is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and internal equity. As part of our total rewards offering, permanent employees in this position may be eligible for our competitive annual bonus program, subject to program eligibility requirements.
At lululemon, investing in our people is a top priority. We believe that when life works, work works. We strive to be the place where inclusive leaders come to develop and enable all to be well. Recognizing our teams for their performance and dedication, other components of our total rewards offerings include support of career development, wellbeing, and personal growth:
- Extended health and dental benefits, and mental health plans
- Paid time off
- Savings and retirement plan matching
- Generous employee discount
- Fitness & yoga classes
- Parenthood top-up
- Extensive catalog of development course offerings
- People networks, mentorship programs, and leadership series (to name a few)
Note: The incentive programs, benefits, and perks have certain eligibility requirements. The Company reserves the right to alter these incentive programs, benefits, and perks in whole or in part at any time without advance notice.
This role is classified as Hybrid under our SSC Workplace Policy:
In-person collaboration is important, and much of the role can be performed remotely. Work is performed onsite at least 3 days per week.