Manager, Supply Chain Training Programs (Vancouver, Hybrid)
who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. That includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
about this team:
The Supply Chain Strategy and Programs team serves supply chain and enterprise partners by collaborating to develop sustainable strategies and operating models that solve big business problems. By doing this, we elevate the employee’s experience and build the foundation that will enable us to achieve our strategic, long-term goals.
a day in the life:
The Supply Chain Programs Training Manager is accountable for leading the Supply Chain Programs Training Team and providing guidance on learning design integrity and standards across the Supply Chain Programs Portfolio. The team will design and develop learning materials grounded in sound learning design principles, measuring impact and outcomes against predetermined success metrics. This will be in alignment with enterprise frameworks from Learning & Leadership and Enterprise Business Transformation, and in close partnership with Product Operations to ensure consistency. This person is a strategic change agent that, through managing a team of operators and driving change through stakeholder influence, enables us to achieve our long-term enterprise goals.
- Lead the team responsible for building global training resources, functional & systems training, that drive the skills and capabilities required to execute on Supply Chain strategy, business results, and support career development
- Build and develop the Supply Chain Training team, develop the multi-year strategy, and provide recommendations to senior level stakeholders
- Lead the strategy, as well as the design, development and delivery for all technology and process transformation programs and their sustainment
- Create the Supply Chain Training roadmap, mapping out the multiple concurrent programs that will impact our key stakeholders and determine the end-to-end learning approach and resources required
- Oversee the quality and effectiveness of all learning design; ensure that by-whens are met, stakeholders are satisfied and ultimately achieve the desired business impact
- Consult with business leaders on learning solutions to fill performance gaps
- Function as learning design subject matter expert by providing the necessary technical and creative leadership to a team of Learning Designers
- Build and maintain trust with business leaders and stakeholders
- Inform business leaders and stakeholders on the business impact of the learning experience
- Lead the day-to-day function of the team in support of company objectives, while enabling progressive career development
- Analyse learning data to improve engagement, increase quality, project plan adjustments, and proactively and effectively communicates with partners
- Stay up-to-date with new training trends and best practices and integrate into the Vendor training
- Consults on solutions to performance gaps based on sound learning design principles that are outside of the immediate scope design requirements
- Supports Strategic Initiatives and special projects as needed
- Required Skills and Experience:
- University, College, Certification or Degree in Adult Education, Learning Technology, Instructional Design or similar relevant field
- 7 years+ experience working in a training and development capacity in a large, global and complex business setting, consisting previous people management/supervisory experience
- Experience in global supply chain or specialty apparel retail environment is an advantage.
- Proven track record of assessing learning needs and designing and developing solutions, resulting in improved individual and organizational performance
- Proven experience in building & managing teams, including the ability to provide direction and understand resource capability
- Excellent communications skills: verbal, written, negotiation and presentational.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and manage business partners and external vendors who have major delivery responsibilities for projects and operations.
- Advanced level knowledge of MS Office suite (including PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Proficiency with Adobe Premier Pro, Adobe Creative Suite, Articulate Rise or Captivate
- Experience with video production and editing
- Critical thinker with innovative problem solving skills.
- Capacity to work effectively with a wide range of people, build relationships, and exhibit sensitivity to and understanding of the dynamics of a complex organization.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and operating under tight time constraints with a strong sense of urgency
- Strong business acumen with the ability to connect learning initiatives and business goals and results
- Proven aptitude for and interest in leading – edge development tools and technology
- A team player that truly believes they are successful when the organization is successful
- Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously.
This role is classified as Hybrid under our SSC Workplace Policy:
In-person collaboration is important, and much of the role can be performed remotely. Work is performed onsite at least 3 days per week.
Compensation and Benefits Package
- Extended health and dental benefits, and mental health plans
- Paid time off
- Savings and retirement plan matching
- Generous employee discount
- Fitness & yoga classes
- Parenthood top-up
- Extensive catalog of development course offerings
- People networks, mentorship programs, and leadership series (to name a few)