Legal Counsel - Campus
We are self-described "legal outliers." Our vision is to inspire and educate, provide value from beginning to end and create an environment where work enriches life, and life enriches work. We believe in "the sweat life" - sweat, relationships and personal development - and we live it every day.
We educate and collaborate in a fun and unique way, offering creative solutions to secure the future of our organization. The Commercial sector of our Legal Department provides strategic legal advice, negotiates, drafts and reviews contracts, and advises on the development of policies in support of departments across the organization, including Procurement, Sustainability, Strategic Sales, Store Development, Finance, Trade & Customs, Logistics, and Sourcing.
In this role, you will support, design, and develop strategies for our collegiate licensing programs. Does managing legal and compliance relations with colleges and universities, licensing agencies and retailers light you up? This may be the role for you!
A day in the life
- Provide strategic support and legal advice to all levels of the business, with a special focus on wholesale, licensing, and distribution.
- Draft, review, and negotiate commercial contracts, including managing templates, renewals, and terminations.
- Provide fit-for-purpose competition/antitrust advice to business partners, enabling the organization to act in compliance with competition/antitrust law in day-to-day operations.
- Research unique legal issues impacting the organization, identify applicable laws, and keep abreast of legislative changes and requirements.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including Responsible Supply Chain, Finance, Insurance, Strategic Sales, and Sourcing
- Experience in wholesale distribution and/or collegiate licensing is required.
- Demonstrated experience drafting and negotiating a high volume of commercial agreements.
- Three to seven years of legal experience as a practicing lawyer (prior in-house experience preferred).
- Keen attention to detail, ability to work independently and as part of a team, and excellent organizational skills. Good judgment with an understanding of when to ask for guidance or input.
- Excellent analytical, written, verbal, research, and communication skills. Ability to evaluate risk and manage competing priorities.
- Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness and creates the space for others to do the same
- Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously.
This role is classified as Remote under our SSC Workplace Policy:
Outside reasonable commuting distance to an office site, work is performed from home.
Compensation and Benefits Package
lululemon’s compensation offerings are grounded in a pay-for-performance philosophy that recognizes exceptional individual and team performance. The typical hiring range for this position is from $132,500 to $173,900 USD annually; the base pay offered is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and internal equity. As part of our total rewards offering, permanent employees in this position may be eligible for our competitive annual bonus program, subject to program eligibility requirements.
At lululemon, investing in our people is a top priority. We believe that when life works, work works. We strive to be the place where inclusive leaders come to develop and enable all to be well. Recognizing our teams for their performance and dedication, other components of our total rewards offerings include support of career development, wellbeing, and personal growth:
- Extended health and dental benefits, and mental health plans
- Paid time off
- Savings and retirement plan matching
- Generous employee discount
- Fitness & yoga classes
- Parenthood top-up
- Extensive catalog of development course offerings
- People networks, mentorship programs, and leadership series (to name a few)
Note: The incentive programs, benefits, and perks have certain eligibility requirements. The Company reserves the right to alter these incentive programs, benefits, and perks in whole or in part at any time without advance notice.
Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. lululemon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on legitimate, non-discriminatory reasons, and not on race, colour, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or any other classification protected by federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. This policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.