Senior Engineer II - Digital Experience Engineering
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
About this team
The Digital Content & Education Experiences team is leading the transformation of lululemon digital technology. This team is focused on delivering experiences and components that educate and excite our guests, and driving forward our product and landing page roadmaps. These teams own critical pieces of our upper funnel guest experience and seek out ways we can constantly improve the guest experience and site performance.
A day in the life:
As a Senior Engineer at lululemon, you will work on a range of products and problem spaces, within one or two engineering teams, working closely to support and unblock team members as problems arise as well as collaborating across teams to ensure that large initiatives are successful.
- Working directly with stakeholders across disciplines, and will often be a champion of several initiatives that you are responsible for driving to completion with the team.
- Strategically interface with the business to gather requirements and break them down into user stories in story writing workshops.
- Spend time maintaining, updating, and documenting core parts of the system that enable feature development.
- Proactive and supportive mentoring and sponsoring lesser-experienced engineers.
- AWS, CI/CD experience, Full Stack and familiarity with IaC and Proxy servers
- Experience with CDNs / caching / security / routing rules / etc
- Experience with application observability, system-level design, performance
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.
Compensation and Benefits Package
lululemon’s compensation offerings are grounded in a pay-for-performance philosophy that recognizes exceptional individual and team performance. The typical hiring range for this position is from $117,600 -$154,500 annually; the base pay offered is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and internal equity. As part of our total rewards offering, permanent employees in this position may be eligible for our competitive annual bonus program, subject to program eligibility requirements.
At lululemon, investing in our people is a top priority. We believe that when life works, work works. We strive to be the place where inclusive leaders come to develop and enable all to be well. Recognizing our teams for their performance and dedication, other components of our total rewards offerings include support of career development, wellbeing, and personal growth:
- Extended health and dental benefits, and mental health plans
- Paid time off
- Savings and retirement plan matching
- Generous employee discount
- Fitness & yoga classes
- Parenthood top-up
- Extensive catalog of development course offerings
- People networks, mentorship programs, and leadership series (to name a few)
Note: The incentive programs, benefits, and perks have certain eligibility requirements. The Company reserves the right to alter these incentive programs, benefits, and perks in whole or in part at any time without advance notice.
This role is classified as Hybrid under our SSC Workplace Policy:
In-person collaboration is important, and much of the role can be performed remotely. Work is performed onsite at least 3 days per week.