Senior Data Engineer- Finance & Analytics
- Co-ordinate with multiple data source teams in getting data published to our Finance Data Warehouse
- Working with stakeholders including data, design, product, and executive teams, and assisting them with data related and technical issues
- Building Scalable Data Pipelines for generating training datasets for machine learning deliverables
- Mentoring Junior resources and drive end to end design, implementation and delivery of engineering components
- Communicating with and educate both senior and junior colleagues to further embed data science and analytics across the organization
- Strive for continuous improvement of code quality and development practices
- Willingness to adapt to and self-learn new technologies and deliver on them
- Translating business issues to technical terms
- Understanding, leveraging, and applying best practices effectively. Also leads by example and comes up with coding standards and best practices for technology
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams – business stakeholders, engineers, program management, project management, etc. - to produce the best solutions possible
- Anticipating system/application challenges and proposes solutions for the same
- Contributing to story sizing and work estimates for implementation, validation, delivery and documentation
- Reviewing user stories to ensure a quality user experience, well-defined acceptance criteria and thorough test coverage
- Participating in design and code review to ensure quality and testability of feature code
- BS in Computer Science or Related
- 5+ years of data engineering experience
- Good understanding of modern data platforms including data lakes and data warehouse, with good knowledge of the underlying architecture, preferably in Snowflake
- Proven experience in assembling large, complex sets of data that meets non-functional and functional business requirements
- Experience in identifying, designing, and implementing integration, modelling, and orchestration of complex Finance data and at the same time look for process improvements, optimize data delivery and automate manual processes.
- Working experience of performance tuning and optimization, bottleneck problems analysis, and technical troubleshooting in a, sometimes, ambiguous environment.
- Working experience of working with cloud based systems (Azure experience preferred)
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.
Compensation and Benefits Package
lululemon’s compensation offerings are grounded in a pay-for-performance philosophy that recognizes exceptional individual and team performance. The typical hiring range for this position is from $117,600 - $154,400 annually; the base pay offered is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and internal equity. As part of our total rewards offering, permanent employees in this position may be eligible for our competitive annual bonus program, subject to program eligibility requirements.
At lululemon, investing in our people is a top priority. We believe that when life works, work works. We strive to be the place where inclusive leaders come to develop and enable all to be well. Recognizing our teams for their performance and dedication, other components of our total rewards offerings include support of career development, wellbeing, and personal growth:
- Extended health and dental benefits, and mental health plans
- Paid time off
- Savings and retirement plan matching
- Generous employee discount
- Fitness & yoga classes
- Parenthood top-up
- Extensive catalog of development course offerings
- People networks, mentorship programs, and leadership series (to name a few)
Note: The incentive programs, benefits, and perks have certain eligibility requirements. The Company reserves the right to alter these incentive programs, benefits, and perks in whole or in part at any time without advance notice.
This role is classified as Hybrid under our SSC Workplace Policy:
In-person collaboration is important, and much of the role can be performed remotely. Work is performed onsite at least 3 days per week.