Tax Administrator (Vancouver, BC)
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, November 7, 2023
who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
about the team
The Indirect Tax team manages sales tax compliance and risk for all global operating entities. This includes filing 3,000+ returns per year, managing external tax audits, providing advice to the business, tax requirements to IT, and tax operational support to educators and guests.
about the role
Reporting to the Director, Global Income Tax, you will be the company’s tax accountant and will support all corporate income tax matters on a global scale. Specifically, you will be responsible for all corporate tax installments, assist with the preparation of corporate income tax returns, assist with the support of income tax audits, and will prepare tax provision and transfer pricing calculations.
- Assist in the preparation of Canadian and US tax returns
- Assist in the preparation of consolidated tax provision and reporting, including journal entries
- Coordinate payments and prepare all related journal entries in our ERP systems
- Remit and track monthly/quarterly installments and annual payments
- Generate reports from our ERP systems and other platforms
- Assist with income tax audits
- Respond to tax questions and assist with projects on an ad-hoc basis
- 2-3 years of accounting experience
- Must have ERP system experience, preferably with Oracle
- Post-secondary education in an accounting or business-related field
- Pursuing a CPA accounting designation
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.
Authorization to work in Canada is required for this role.
Compensation and Benefits Package
lululemon’s compensation offerings are grounded in a pay-for-performance philosophy that recognizes exceptional individual and team performance. The typical hiring range for this position is from $53,400 - $70,100 annually; the base pay offered is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and internal equity. As part of our total rewards offering, permanent employees in this position may be eligible for our competitive annual bonus program and equity offerings, subject to program eligibility requirements.
At lululemon, investing in our people is a top priority. We believe that when life works, work works. We strive to be the place where inclusive leaders come to develop and enable all to be well. Recognizing our teams for their performance and dedication, other components of our total rewards offerings include support of career development, wellbeing, and personal growth:
- Extended health and dental benefits, and mental health plans
- Paid time off
- Savings and retirement plan matching
- Generous employee discount
- Fitness & yoga classes
- Parenthood top-up
- Extensive catalog of development course offerings
- People networks, mentorship programs, and leadership series (to name a few)
Note: The incentive programs, benefits, and perks have certain eligibility requirements. The Company reserves the right to alter these incentive programs, benefits, and perks in whole or in part at any time without advance notice.