Senior Store Designer
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, November 7, 2023
who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
about this team
The NA Store Design Team is responsible for the architectural design and store design of store within North America for lululemon. We deliver on the company’s strategic growth plans through the execution of the brand’s pinnacle expression: The physical retail store. We focus on highly efficient design standards, meticulously detailed architectural spaces, and our community through the lens of sweat, grow, and connect. Through clarity, accuracy, and efficiency we support the business ambitions, and enhance guest experience, while delivering consistent design queues to reinforce a strong experiential brand identity.
a day in the life; what you'll do
- A highly creative designer responsible for retail brand experiences within all store classifications throughout the North American portfolio, managing all aspects of project design, site planning & design through to open.
- Leads cross-functional project working team, design milestones, and drawing deliveries in coordination with the assigned internal cross-functional teams and external business partners.
- Accountable for the creative design solutions, accuracy, buildability, quality, and timeliness of all drawings and documentation related to the design for stores within the given budget.
- Upholds and preserves lululemon’s brand identity and global design consistency.
- Reporting directly to the Senior Manager, the Senior Store Designer is responsible for designing and managing projects of complex, and high-level projects from end-to-end. This ability will be reflected by skill set and years of experience. The Senior Store Designer must exemplify skills in designing retail experiences that drive the brand experience.
- Upon project Kick-off, the Senior Store Designer, reviews all project information including, but not limited to, local codes, permitting guidelines, site survey reports, and mall/landlord design requirements. They produce in-house design deliverables including, but not limited to, plans, storefront design, and elements within the retail space, in conjunction with identified product strategy, and create presentations and renderings for approval to Senior Leadership and internal stakeholders.
- The Senior Store Designer delivers Schematic design package to external team, and coordinates and manages internal and external partners throughout project ensure the development of all project drawing phases are accurate, meet quality standards, accessibility & building codes, and are on time and are on budget.
- The Senior Store Designer liaises with external partners to gain permissions and approval (e.g. Presentations of concept to landlords, architectural review board, etc.), acting as point of contact for all design/architectural issues within project and is responsible for reporting weekly milestones to internal leadership. They are also responsible for the approval of all millwork shop drawings within the project.
- In collaboration with Manager and internal partners, is responsible for creation and execution of new design concepts and ensuring that the experience is realized in our spaces.
- Site visits may be necessary. The Senior Store Designer is involved in all design in the Contract Administration phase through construction.
- This is a leadership role within the North American Store Design Team. The Senior Store Designer is responsible for aligning and inspiring team members to produce effective design solutions and communicate a clear brand vision.
- Degree in Architecture or Interior Design, or equivalent
- NCIDQ and/or LEED accreditations an asset
- 5-7+ years minimum experience in retail store space planning and design, or architectural and/or design consultancy practices
- Fluent in AutoCAD, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, SketchUp, Smartsheet, Excel. 3DS Max, Rhino, Cinema 4D or other rendering capabilities. (3D rendering skill is a must)
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate actively and proactively with others in a cross-functional, multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent verbal, visual and presenter communication skills to diverse business stakeholders of various management types and levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated successful management of multiple projects and initiatives deliverables at different phases of development on time and within the given budget.
- Ability to effectively manage tasks of varying complexities, strong ability to drive projects forward, meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Analytical, communication and organizational skills, strong written and oral communication abilities.
- Detail oriented problem solver who can employ leadership, critical thinking and time management skills and can work effectively both independently and in teams.
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.
Authorization to work in Canada is required for this role.
Authorization to work in Canada is required for this role.
Compensation and Benefits Package
lululemon’s compensation offerings are grounded in a pay-for-performance philosophy that recognizes exceptional individual and team performance. The typical hiring range for this position is from $98,300 - $129,000 annually; the base pay offered is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and internal equity. As part of our total rewards offering, permanent employees in this position may be eligible for our competitive annual bonus program, subject to program eligibility requirements.
At lululemon, investing in our people is a top priority. We believe that when life works, work works. We strive to be the place where inclusive leaders come to develop and enable all to be well. Recognizing our teams for their performance and dedication, other components of our total rewards offerings include support of career development, wellbeing, and personal growth:
- Extended health and dental benefits, and mental health plans
- Paid time off
- Savings and retirement plan matching
- Generous employee discount
- Fitness & yoga classes
- Parenthood top-up
- Extensive catalog of development course offerings
- People networks, mentorship programs, and leadership series (to name a few)
Note: The incentive programs, benefits, and perks have certain eligibility requirements. The Company reserves the right to alter these incentive programs, benefits, and perks in whole or in part at any time without advance notice.