Analyst, Global Travel and Events
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Saturday, November 4, 2023
who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
about this team:
The Global Travel and Events Team supports all travel functions across the business including management of all travel partnerships and technology platforms (Egencia, Airline, Hotel, Airbnb, Car rental and Uber.). This team is focused on driving policy compliance, elevating traveler wellbeing, and optimizing spend to deliver a best-in-class travel program.
about this role:
The Global Travel and Events Analyst plays an important role in the understanding our global travel and events spend while also supporting occasional bespoke traveler needs and travel platform issues. The analyst will work closely with the Global Travel and Events Manager to analyze travel data and produce reports for business partners and senior leaders. On occasions where the self-serve travel platform is unable to satisfy the needs of the traveler or team, the analyst will review requirements and present options. Ultimately this job will support our objectives to drive sustainable travel, consolidate spend with global travel suppliers, strengthen key partnerships and ensure a seamless, safe and secure experience for all travelers.
a day in the life:
- Design and populate travel KPI reports and adhoc travel analysis
- Drive compliance and awareness of global travel policy, sustainability and duty of care initiatives
- Support cost containment efforts by managing unused ticket credits and tracking partner savings
- Assist cross-functional partners in utilization of Egencia Platform and other travel tech platforms
- Deliver reporting and analysis to support internal stakeholders in managing T & E budgets and driving policy compliance
- Provide trouble-shooting support for travel tech platforms including: Egencia, Airbnb, ISOS, Uber for Business
- Maintain and update messaging on Global Travel Hub on youlu
- Support carbon reduction efforts by tracking CO2 emission across departments
- Build Egencia broadcast messages to showcase partner sustainability initiatives and duty of care messages
- Management of unused flight ticket credits and out of policy notifications
- Monitor the travel inbox and respond to inquiries
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Training in travel and tourism or Travel Association Certifications are a plus.-Strong analytical and reporting skills; effectively evaluates information/data
- 3+ years of travel industry, tourism or finance experience preferred
- Superb technical skills: Teams, Microsoft Office Suite, Sharepoint and PowerBI
- Knowledge of T&E reporting and processing (Egencia and Coupa experience a plus)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.
Authorization to work in Canada is required for this role.
This role is classified as Hybrid under our SSC Workplace Policy:
In-person collaboration is important, and much of the role can be performed remotely. Work is performed onsite at least 3 days per week.
Compensation and Benefits Package
lululemon’s compensation offerings are grounded in a pay-for-performance philosophy that recognizes exceptional individual and team performance. The typical hiring range for this position is from $64,100– $84,100 annually; the base pay offered is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and internal equity. As part of our total rewards offering, permanent employees in this position may be eligible for our competitive annual bonus program subject to program eligibility requirements.
At lululemon, investing in our people is a top priority. We believe that when life works, work works. We strive to be the place where inclusive leaders come to develop and enable all to be well. Recognizing our teams for their performance and dedication, other components of our total rewards offerings include support of career development, wellbeing, and personal growth:
- Extended health and dental benefits, and mental health plans
- Paid time off
- Savings and retirement plan matching
- Generous employee discount
- Fitness & yoga classes
- Parenthood top-up
- Extensive catalog of development course offerings
- People networks, mentorship programs, and leadership series (to name a few)
Note: The incentive programs, benefits, and perks have certain eligibility requirements. The Company reserves the right to alter these incentive programs, benefits, and perks in whole or in part at any time without advance notice.