Staff Engineer - Product Technology (Planning)
- Responsible for feature design; evaluate designs and provide feedback
- Influence quality standards and understand, identify, measure across entire solution
- Identify performance issues and optimize solutions
- Demonstrate competence of engineering concepts and theories, combining them with business understanding to design, document and implement clean and robust solutions to complex business problems
- Collaborate with other engineering teams, business stakeholders, as well as program and product managers to define and implement technical solutions
- Demonstrate an ability to turn business needs into functional requirements, while also explaining technical details in ways the business can understand. Participate in defining, scoping, and estimating resulting stories
- Work closely with your peers, mentor junior developers and help the team achieve its goals
- Maintain a high bar for code quality, testing and automation while finding opportunities to continuously improve them
- Drive design and code reviews, ensuring the team ships high quality, scalable, maintainable, and well-tested code
- Maintain a DevOps mindset, promoting cloud-oriented solutions while implementing and supporting monitoring, alerting, CI/CD pipelines as well as the team’s Cloud infrastructure
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an engineering discipline, preferably computer science, or equivalent
- 10+ years of professional experience in delivering quality software, ideally across the full stack
- Excellent proficiency in an Object-Oriented language, Java is a must.
- Experience building enterprise level web applications from scratch, should be able to demonstrate deep understanding of technology choices
- Experience with RESTful architecture and micro services
- Experience with system design, architecture, scaling, and performance testing. Experience building services a plus
- Experience with integration & streaming technologies like Kafka
- Experience with Cloud technologies, proficiency with AWS is a must.
- Experience with databases. Hands on experience with data warehouses like Snowflake and other relational databases like AWS Postgresql is a must
- Experience with CI/CD and testing tools. Experience with Kubernetes and Docker is a plus
- Familiarity with AI/ML tools and technologies is a plus.
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals
- Experience developing solutions for retail or eCommerce businesses and other relevant domains such as manufacturing & logistics, supply chain, or corporate shared services is a big plus
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.
Compensation and Benefits Package
lululemon’s compensation offerings are grounded in a pay-for-performance philosophy that recognizes exceptional individual and team performance. The typical hiring range for this position is from $141,000-$185,000 annually; the base pay offered is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and internal equity. As part of our total rewards offering, permanent employees in this position may be eligible for our competitive annual bonus program, subject to program eligibility requirements.
At lululemon, investing in our people is a top priority. We believe that when life works, work works. We strive to be the place where inclusive leaders come to develop and enable all to be well. Recognizing our teams for their performance and dedication, other components of our total rewards offerings include support of career development, wellbeing, and personal growth:
- Extended health and dental benefits, and mental health plans
- Paid time off
- Savings and retirement plan matching
- Generous employee discount
- Fitness & yoga classes
- Parenthood top-up
- Extensive catalog of development course offerings
- People networks, mentorship programs, and leadership series (to name a few)
Note: The incentive programs, benefits, and perks have certain eligibility requirements. The Company reserves the right to alter these incentive programs, benefits, and perks in whole or in part at any time without advance notice.
This role is classified as Hybrid under our SSC Workplace Policy:
In-person collaboration is important, and much of the role can be performed remotely. Work is performed onsite at least 3 days per week.