Senior Graphic Designer
who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
about this team
We are the North America (NA) Weeklies Team, creating weekly content (Mini quick-turn campaigns) to refresh our NA online site with a focus on product newness. We’re looking for a Sr. Graphic Designer to evolve the visual tone, appearance, functionality, and overall aesthetic of the lululemon brand. You’ll need to bring your A game, have strong conceptual chops, experience being on-set and manage multiple projects at one time. We’re all about relationships, so you’ll be working with some rad people across a bunch of departments, including the Brand Art Directors, Product Stylists and Brand Managers.
a day in the life: what you’ll do
· Assists the Art Director/Creative Director in establishing visual tone, character, and messages that will effectively communicate with the target audience and fulfil the project objectives.
· Collaborates with Art Director and Copywriter to create forward-thinking concepts.
· Present concepts to the wider team and channel partners.
· Ensures compatibility of design and functionality for optimum marketing and communication value.
· Responsible for the proper and accurate position of every pixel for all deliverables.
· Constantly explores online design innovations and ground-breaking media techniques that may enhance a client’s marketing message.
· Works daily with the Art Director and/or Project Manager to ensure all deliverables and deadlines are met within timeline.
· Seeks approvals from Art directors on all work before delivery to cross-functional channel partners.
· Participates in brainstorms.
· Assists in developing presentation materials for business development projects.
· Contributes to overall office morale, spirit, character and work quality.
· Daily time tracking via Harvest.
· Love working in a fast-paced, high-volume environment. We strive to push the boundaries of our creative and growth.
· Aspirational aesthetic, considering industry trends and creative leaders.
· 7+ years of professional Graphic Design + Photo direction experience.
· On-set experience directing talent, photography and video.
· Experience in concepting/creating photo and video direction for online marketing content.
· Must be well versed in creating for and delivering into digital ecommerce content.
· A conceptual thinker that can translate ideas into innovative and crafted design.
· Clear communicator with exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
· Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively. Strategic thinker, comfortable ideating high-level concepts as well as coming up with detailed design executions.
· Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
· Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
· Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
· Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
· Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
· Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.
**Only applications with portfolios will be considered**
This role is classified as Hybrid under our SSC Workplace Policy:
In-person collaboration is important, and much of the role can be performed remotely. Work is performed onsite at least 3 days per week.
Immigration support is potentially available for this role.
Compensation and Benefits Package
lululemon’s compensation offerings are grounded in a pay-for-performance philosophy that recognizes exceptional individual and team performance. The typical hiring range for this position is from $79,100 – $103,800 annually; the base pay offered is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and internal equity. As part of our total rewards offering, permanent employees in this position may be eligible for our competitive annual bonus program, subject to program eligibility requirements.
At lululemon, investing in our people is a top priority. We believe that when life works, work works. We strive to be the place where inclusive leaders come to develop and enable all to be well. Recognizing our teams for their performance and dedication, other components of our total rewards offerings include support of career development, wellbeing, and personal growth:
- Extended health and dental benefits, and mental health plans
- Paid time off
- Savings and retirement plan matching
- Generous employee discount
- Fitness & yoga classes
- Parenthood top-up
- Extensive catalog of development course offerings
- People networks, mentorship programs, and leadership series (to name a few)
Note: The incentive programs, benefits, and perks have certain eligibility requirements. The Company reserves the right to alter these incentive programs, benefits, and perks in whole or in part at any time without advance notice.