Change Management Manager *12-month contract *Hybrid, Vancouver
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2023
Who we are
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About the role
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Enterprise Business Transformation (EBT) and working closely with teams across the business, the Change Management Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing a multi-year change strategy & approach, leveraging standard tools and methodology from the Change Management COE at lululemon to support a transformation roadmap and related activities.
The Change Management Manager will specifically lead the change management efforts for the People & Culture (P&C) organization and will work closely with the P&C Transformation Sponsors, EBT Leadership and many others as part of a multi-year transformation.
A day in the life:
- Develop and implement a multi-year change strategy & approach for the P&C organization.
- Define and measure key success metrics and monitor change progress.
- Assess and understand change readiness & change impacts and identify key stakeholder groups to inform required activities.
- Scope, plan, design and implement change and engagement activities to enable multi-year program(s) and support the adoption of changes required by transformation initiatives.
- Develop comprehensive stakeholder engagement, communications and sustainment plans that support stakeholders throughout the change journey.
- Lead and facilitate stakeholder sessions across multiple teams to enable leadership alignment and commitment.
- Work with the P&C Transformation Program Team in planning & reporting on required change management activities.
- Identify any change-related program risks and recommended mitigation steps.
- Engage and collaborate with other team members and partners in the business (e.g., communications, learning/training) throughout the transformation journey to plan and deliver on our transformation priorities.
- Provide input, document requirements and support the design/delivery of change learning programs.
- Applies a creative mix of new & existing frameworks, methodologies, and tools, in partnership with the Change Management COE, to ensure effective delivery of programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, operations, communications, leadership or related discipline.
- 4-8 years of experience in planning and/or in delivering large-scale business transformation programs (or equivalent experience, ideally in a change management role.
- Experience delivering change and/or working within a HR context is helpful.
- People leadership experience – ideally both direct and project reporting relationships.
- Self-motivated, passionate, detail-oriented, multi-tasker extraordinaire who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and root cause identification skills.
- Excellent communication skills – interpersonal, written, and verbal.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn on the job and a 'growth mindset’.
- Ability to influence and partner with others – a strong team player.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with different departments and at different levels within an organization.
- Works well in a fast-paced, project-based, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrates discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for
- their life.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too
Your role is classified as Hybrid under our global SSC Workplace Policy.
In person collaboration is important, and much of the role can be performed remotely. Work is performed onsite at least 3 days per week.
Authorization to work in Canada is required for this role.
Compensation and Benefits Package
lululemon’s compensation offerings are grounded in a pay-for-performance philosophy that recognizes exceptional individual and team performance. The typical hiring range for this position is from $98,300 – $129,000 annually; the base pay offered is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and internal equity. As part of our total rewards offering, permanent employees in this position may be eligible for our competitive annual bonus program, subject to program eligibility requirements.
At lululemon, investing in our people is a top priority. We believe that when life works, work works. We strive to be the place where inclusive leaders come to develop and enable all to be well. Recognizing our teams for their performance and dedication, other components of our total rewards offerings include support of career development, wellbeing, and personal growth:
- Extended health and dental benefits, and mental health plans
- Paid time off
- Savings and retirement plan matching
- Generous employee discount
- Fitness & yoga classes
- Parenthood top-up
- Extensive catalog of development course offerings
- People networks, mentorship programs, and leadership series (to name a few)
Note: The incentive programs, benefits, and perks have certain eligibility requirements. The Company reserves the right to alter these incentive programs, benefits, and perks in whole or in part at any time without advance notice.