Senior Financial Analyst *Corporate FP&A * Hybrid, Vancouver
IT, Accounting & Finance
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2023
who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
about the team:
FP&A is responsible for planning and managing lululemon’s overall financial performance. We are an amazing team of passionate, active and dedicated leaders who are counted on as a key business partner in strategic and operational decisions. We provide a tremendous opportunity to learn about the various operations within lululemon, working often in cross-functional teams on a variety of projects. You will be able to add value immediately, see the big picture, and develop a business and finance skill set that you can leverage in your future roles within the organization. We are a stand for high quality work, driving high quality results and living a high-quality life.
a day in the life:
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Corporate FP&A, the Senior Financial Analyst will:
- Prepare and consolidate materials for SLT monthly business reviews and prepare detailed reporting packages for Senior Finance leadership review.
- Own key corporate processes related to month end and annual planning including identifying and investigating monthly and quarterly variances to budget and forecast and representing these in SLT deck materials.
- Supporting with Quarterly Board decks and Earnings call deck preparation.
- Manage key FP&A milestones and work closely with the wider FP&A teams.
- Professional designation or MBA with 5+ years professional work experience in FP&A
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, or similar
- Ability to understand the financial impact of operational decisions, can tie strategies to operational plans
- Extremely organized, detail oriented and takes pride in quality
- Strong ability to adhere to deadlines under pressure
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must be able to communicate effectively to various levels of management and external parties.
- Hyperion, Oracle or large financial planning software knowledge is a plus.
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.
Your role is classified as Hybrid under our global SSC Workplace Policy.
In person collaboration is important, and much of the role can be performed remotely. Work is performed onsite at least 3 days per week.
Authorization to work in Canada is required for this role.
Compensation and Benefits Package
lululemon’s compensation offerings are grounded in a pay-for-performance philosophy that recognizes exceptional individual and team performance. The typical hiring range for this position is from $98, 300 - $129,000 annually; the base pay offered is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and internal equity. As part of our total rewards offering, permanent employees in this position may be eligible for our competitive annual bonus program subject to program eligibility requirements.
At lululemon, investing in our people is a top priority. We believe that when life works, work works. We strive to be the place where inclusive leaders come to develop and enable all to be well. Recognizing our teams for their performance and dedication, other components of our total rewards offerings include support of career development, wellbeing, and personal growth:
- Extended health and dental benefits, and mental health plans
- Paid time off
- Savings and retirement plan matching
- Generous employee discount
- Fitness & yoga classes
- Parenthood top-up
- Extensive catalog of development course offerings
- People networks, mentorship programs, and leadership series (to name a few)
Note: The incentive programs, benefits, and perks have certain eligibility requirements. The Company reserves the right to alter these incentive programs, benefits, and perks in whole or in part at any time without advance notice.