Senior Engineer II -Retail Technology Data & Analytics
Senior Engineer II – Retail Technology Data & Analytics
(Hybrid 3 days in office 2 days out/ must live in Vancouver or Seattle or be willing to relocate)
Who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we are in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. That includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
About this team
lululemon Engineering is dedicated to building secure, reliable, and performant products for our guests and partners. We embrace the philosophies of Agile, DevOps, and SRE to accelerate our development process and provide the most enjoyable, inclusive, and supportive work environment possible. We believe our journey is more fun when it is collaborative, as we focus on the future instead of the past. As an Engineer, you will work as part of a global team supported by our business and architecture partners to help us collaboratively develop and deliver industry-leading technology solutions that drive lululemon’s business goals.
A day in the life:
As a Senior Engineer II, you will work as the technical leader for the product(s) your team delivers. You will be counted on as a leader in your technology space, as you contribute to all areas of development and operations (pre-production to production). As a Senior Engineer II, you will dedicate a fair amount of time to the planning and discovering tools and practices inside your given area of expertise. Senior Engineer IIs take production readiness and performance personally and help drive continuous improvement. You will be part of a day-to-day production release team and may perform on-call support functions as needed. You will be considered the technical owner of the production system(s) you work on and focus on how your product(s) are delivered and how to optimize them for efficiency, security, and reliability.
- Main contributor to product roadmaps and reliability strategy
- Partner with project management to deliver status and performance updates
- Conduct research to aid in product development and tool selection
- Provide an escalation point and participate in on-call support rotations
- Actively monitor key metrics, reports on trends, and make improvement recommendations
- Facilitate an Engineering Community of Practice for your product(s)
- Contribute to engineering automation, management or development of production level systems
- Review product roadmaps and guide intake acceptance for a set of production systems
- Own reliability for a defined set of production systems
- Own the delivery lifecycle for a defined set of production systems
- Completed Bachelor’s degree or diploma (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Software Architecture preferred; candidates with substantial and relevant industry experience are also eligible
- Eight+ years of engineering experience
- Ability to learn, understand, and work quickly with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Cloud/IT technology space
- Advanced understanding of Data technologies (Kafka, SQL, AZURE dev ops)
- Knowledge of data structure principles and best practices.
- Adherence to data governance and data engineering standards and guidelines
- Experience working with bug tracking and task management software such as JIRA.
- Experience developing solutions for retail or eCommerce businesses and other relevant domains such as manufacturing & logistics, supply chain, or corporate shared services
- Run Engineering strategy and plan
- Provide mentorship for the Engineering team and have the ability to create opportunities for the continued development of the team
- Have in-depth knowledge of the full data flow: from Kafka topic to Azure pipelines to Snowflake to PowerBI
- Adherence to data governance/engineering standards and guidelines
- Advocate strongly for technology needs and tech debt awareness
- Have polished presentation and communication skills to leadership and peers
- Represent Retail Technology Data & Analytics to enterprise data teams
- Work closely with data architects
- Foster teamwork and individual responsibility across the engineering group
Compensation and Benefits Package
lululemon’s compensation offerings are grounded in a pay-for-performance philosophy that recognizes exceptional individual and team performance. The typical hiring range for this position is from$$117,600-$154,500 annually; the base pay offered is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and internal equity. As part of our total rewards offering, permanent employees in this position may be eligible for our competitive annual bonus program, subject to program eligibility requirements.
At lululemon, investing in our people is a top priority. We believe that when life works, work works. We strive to be the place where inclusive leaders come to develop and enable all to be well. Recognizing our teams for their performance and dedication, other components of our total rewards offerings include support of career development, wellbeing, and personal growth:
- Extended health and dental benefits, and mental health plans
- Paid time off
- Savings and retirement plan matching
- Generous employee discount
- Fitness & yoga classes
- Parenthood top-up
- Extensive catalog of development course offerings
- People networks, mentorship programs, and leadership series (to name a few)
Note: The incentive programs, benefits, and perks have certain eligibility requirements. The Company reserves the right to alter these incentive programs, benefits, and perks in whole or in part at any time without advance notice.