Manager, Workplace Experience
who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
about this role
This role leads the strategic innovation and operation of all Interior office design, furniture selection and space management for our SSC Offices. Consulting with internal leaders and stakeholders to provide solutions that produce meaningful change, promote innovation and collaboration within the work environment.
day in the life
- Lead the strategic and tactical execution of workplace experience/ strategy, and design vision for lululemon
- Develop short and long-term strategic building occupancy plans based on business requirements
- Partner with key stakeholders in creating a plan that meets strategic business requirements, headcount forecast/demand and current space utilization information
- Present to Senior leadership the workplace strategic approach and deliver workplace solutions that meet the pre-defined metrics and desired outcomes
- Facilitate sessions with leaders and stakeholders to draw out business requirements that will inform workplace design and occupancy
- Design and conduct space needs analyses, planning and utilization studies to improve space utilization efficiency and allocations
- Demonstrate problem solving, critical thinking, self-starting behaviours, accountability and strategic relationship building
- Provide coaching and supervision of direct and indirect reports to ensure they have the skills and knowledge to perform their role and deliver the right outcomes for workplace sourcing
- Positively impact workplace culture through the development and implementation of policies, procedures, standards, and the technology that will enhance the workplace experience
- Identify and implement sustainability and wellness strategies with regards to the workplace environment and furniture to support lululemon employee health and well-being
- Create a workplace experience program that leverages workplace design, amenities, services, policies, and technology to drive lululemon employee engagement and retention
- 5+ years of experience with Space Planning and Workplace Organization
- 4+ years of experience in AutoCAD or REVIT
- 7+ years of experience in interior design
- 5+ years of project management experience
- Excellent team player and ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Extraordinary customer service, organizational and time management skills
- Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness, and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously
This role is classified as Hybrid under our SSC Workplace Policy:
In-person collaboration is important, and much of the role can be performed remotely. Work is performed onsite at least 3 days per week.
- Extended health and dental benefits, and mental health plans
- Paid time off
- Savings and retirement plan matching
- Generous employee discount
- Fitness & yoga classes
- Parenthood top-up
- Extensive catalog of development course offerings
- People networks, mentorship programs, and leadership series (to name a few)