Manager, Special Projects - (Vancouver, Hybrid)
Manager, Special Projects (Vancouver, Hybrid)
Strategic Growth Initiatives team (Product)
Who we are
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About this team:
The Strategic Growth Initiatives team supports the product growth through creation, prioritization and management of business growth strategies and priorities. Our team Oversees the bodies of work to deliver Product Growth Initiatives by acting as a strategic thought partner, managing Program Deliverables, Project Plans, Risks, Budgets, Roadmaps and support overall strategy definition and execution
A day in the life:
The Manager, Special Projects Portfolio is accountable for the performance and results associated with the planning, execution and delivery of Special Projects for Product Organization and broader Enterprise. This role manages a portfolio and project management office; delivering standardized processes, project methodologies, tools and templates to enable best in class project delivery, engagement and communication. Through their team of Program, Project Managers and Specialists; they ensure that all special projects objectives, timelines and budgets are managed and achieved. With the Director of Growth Initiatives; they partner with Product Leaders, and across the organization to ensure that growth goals and priorities are met and support the build of special projects and collaborations future strategy.
- Accountable for program delivery and performance and results of a team (generally homogenous) within own discipline
- Manages team of Program Manager, Project Managers, and Program Specialists
- Define and maintain portfolio standard ways of working, methodologies, tools and templates and calendars
- Guided by resource requirements, budgets, policies and procedures and departmental plans
- Accountable for delivery and realization of contractual obligations
- Influences others (internally and externally) to adopt a different point of view
- Monitors program progress and performance reporting for stakeholders at the Director+ level
- Manages relationship with external parties
- 5+ years of relative experience, preferably experience in a vertically integrated, apparel, footwear, global, specialty retail environment
- Proven track record of governing diverse program portfolios within related field and ability to lead large scale, cross-functional, global initiatives
- Demonstrated experience in managing dynamic teams including the ability to provide direction and understand resource capability
- Ability to influence and manage conversations and meetings across the organization at multiple levels, particularity around strategic issues to bring structure to ambiguous environments
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate, mitigate, and resolve conflicts across working groups
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and operating under tight time constraints with a strong sense of urgency.
• Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
• Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
• Communicates with honesty and kindness and creates the space for others to do the same.
• Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
• Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
• Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. lululemon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances.