Senior Engineer I (Java, Microservices) - International Digital Commerce (Hybrid)
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2023
Who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
About this team
lululemon Engineering is dedicated to building secure, reliable, and performant products for our guests and partners. We embrace the philosophies of Agile, DevOps, and SRE to accelerate our development process and provide the most enjoyable, inclusive, and supportive work environment possible. We believe our journey is more fun when it is collaborative, as we focus on the future instead of the past. As an Engineer, you will work as part of a global team supported by our business and architecture partners to help us collaboratively develop and deliver industry leading technology solutions that drive lululemon’s business goals.
A day in the life:
As a Senior Engineer I, you will bring a high level of technical knowledge as well as strong mentoring abilities. You will be counted on as a leader in your technology space as you contribute to all areas of development and operations (pre-production to production). You will work closely with a Technology Manager, using your experience and knowledge to guide a team of Engineers though their day-to-day process, and provide a central escalation point for production concerns. You will be part of an Agile production release team and may perform on-call support functions as needed. As a Senior Engineer I, you would be a primary caretaker of production systems and would maintain a deep understanding of how delivered products are functioning.
- Are a main contributor in Agile ceremonies
- Provide mentorship and facilitate engineering training for a team of Engineers
- Perform and delegate engineering assignments to ensure production readiness is maintained
- Conduct research to aid in product troubleshooting and optimization efforts
- Conduct research to guide product development and tools selection
- Provide an escalation point and participate in on-call support rotations
- Actively monitor key metrics and report on trends
- Participate in our Engineering Community of Practice
- Contribute to engineering automation, management or development of production level systems
- Contribute to project engineering design and standards verification
- Perform reliability monitoring and support as needed to ensure products meet guest expectations
- Completed Bachelor’s degree or diploma (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Software Architecture preferred; candidates with substantial and relevant industry experience are also eligible
- Minimum of 5+ years of engineering experience
- Strong software development fundamentals including automated testing, source control (Git),
- continuous integration in addition to continuous delivery and/or deployment.
- MuleSoft API management, MuleSoft Any point platform, Kubernetes, No SQL DB experience is a plus
- Advanced application of CI/CD principles and best-practices
- Advanced understanding of web technologies (HTTP, SSL, Headers, Cookies, TCP, Caching)
- Ability to learn, understand, and work quickly with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Cloud/IT technology space
- Experience with technical debt prioritization and roadmap planning with Product Management
- Experience developing solutions for retail or eCommerce businesses and other relevant domains such as manufacturing & logistics, supply chain, or corporate shared services
- Experience working in a cross-functional environment
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.
Immigration support is potentially available for this role.
This role is classified as Hybrid under our SSC Workplace Policy:
In-person collaboration is important, and much of the role can be performed remotely. Work is performed onsite at least 3 days per week.