Manager, Financial Reporting - 8 Months Term
Accounting & Finance
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2023
who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
About this team
The international financial reporting team is a team of 3 supportive, agile, and dedicated leaders who are counted on to manage the centralized process for all international statutory audits to ensure all international reporting requirements are met and ensure accurate financial statements and month end reporting. We work closely with our in-market finance teams across the globe (including EMEA, China, Asia, and Australia/NZ) as well as finance and FP&A teams in our North America SSC. We act as the critical bridge that guides collaboration and connection among our internal teams and enhances communication and workflow between our internal teams and external auditors.
A day in the life
- You will be responsible for the end-to-end design and management of the statutory audit process for 20+ entities in our international jurisdictions to ensure all legal deadlines are met
- You will directly manage a team of 2
- Manage month end review process to ensure that international accounting is accurate each month Manage SOX review cycles over international reporting on a quarterly basis.
- Support ad hoc international accounting process improvement projects.
- Support the Senior Director, Reporting and Accounting with planning and management of the SOX compliance program.
- Experience at public accounting firm is preferred, retail experience is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; must be able to communicate effectively among cross-functional and cross-country teams, management, and external auditors.
- CPA designation required with 3 years post qualified experience and at least 7 years of overall work experience.
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP.
- Good knowledge of MS Office with strong skills in Excel.
- Experience with Oracle EBS, Workiva, and Oracle EPM is an asset.
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.
At lululemon, investing in our people is a top priority. We believe that when life works, work works. In addition to our competitive Total Rewards offering, we also have personal and professional development offerings. Our offerings recognize our teams for their performance and support whole person development, including support for employees on how to grow their career:
- Extended health and dental benefits, and mental health plans
- Paid time off
- Savings and retirement plan matching
- Generous employee discount
- Fitness & yoga classes
- Parenthood top-up
- Extensive catalog of development course offerings
- People networks, mentorship programs, and leadership series (to name a few)
Note: Availability of the incentive programs, benefits, and perks may be subject to your location & employment type and may have certain eligibility requirements. The Company reserves the right to alter these incentive programs, benefits, and perks in whole or in part at any time without advance notice.
This role is classified as Hybrid under our SSC Workplace Policy:
In-person collaboration is important, and much of the role can be performed remotely. Work is performed onsite at least 3 days per week.