Manager, International Catalogue Operations
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2023
who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
about this team
The Catalogue Operations team is responsible for centrally managing all catalogue operations and processes across the INTL sites, ensuring all product data is present and accurate on our ecommerce system servicing the INTL sites. Delivering the foundation to delivering ecommerce and merchandising experiences across all categories, focused on catalogue data and content management optimizations.
This role would manage and have the following impact to the organization.
- Drive, scale and manage all central catalogue operation processes across the INTL sites
- Strategize and ideate foundational ecommerce and merchandising experiences across all categories, focused on catalogue data and content management optimisations
- Lead, manage and grow the ecommerce catalogue operations team to support the growth of the INTL business
a day in the life: what you’ll do
- Provides leadership and direction to the team to support and streamline catalogue operations and processes across all INTL sites to support the growth of the INTL business
- Identifies and companions future opportunities based on analysis, experience, and understanding of business goals, to support leadership in prioritisation and implementation of new and enhanced ecommerce content operations updates and systems
- Prioritise and manage multiple catalogue operational projects simultaneously; track and report on their effectiveness
- Strategizes and plans the Implementation of website platform updates using 3rd party tools to support operational priorities and to optimise website performance
- Accountable for program delivery and the performance and results of the
- central catalogue operations and team, ensuring the delivery of foundational INTL ecommerce experiences. Reporting across the catalogue operations roadmap, initiatives, features and tools. Presenting to leadership and the wider business
- Experience in people management and managing a team.
- Strategy and tool experience
- Extensive experience using Demandware / SFCC to deliver online catalogue and merchandising an asset.
- 8+ years’ experience in e-commerce or related spaces and experience, working in a global ecommerce organisation would be an asset, Strong understanding of e-commerce eco-systems and product data and levers to drive performance.
- Experience managing multiple deliverables simultaneously with a strong analytical approach to identify and understand trends based on data and insight.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced operational model & lively environment.
- Strong problem solving, decision making, and project management.
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.
This role is classified as Hybrid under our SSC Workplace Policy:
In-person collaboration is important, and much of the role can be performed remotely. Work is performed onsite at least 3 days per week.
Compensation and Benefits Package
lululemon’s compensation offerings are grounded in a pay-for-performance philosophy that recognizes exceptional individual and team performance. The typical hiring range for this position is from $104,400 - $137,000 CAD annually; the base pay offered is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and internal equity. As part of our total rewards offering, permanent employees in this position may be eligible for our competitive annual bonus program, subject to program eligibility requirements.
At lululemon, investing in our people is a top priority. We believe that when life works, work works. We strive to be the place where inclusive leaders come to develop and enable all to be well. Recognizing our teams for their performance and dedication, other components of our total rewards offerings include support of career development, wellbeing, and personal growth:
- Extended health and dental benefits, and mental health plans
- Paid time off
- Savings and retirement plan matching
- Generous employee discount
- Fitness & yoga classes
- Parenthood top-up
- Extensive catalog of development course offerings
- People networks, mentorship programs, and leadership series (to name a few)
Note: The incentive programs, benefits, and perks have certain eligibility requirements. The Company reserves the right to alter these incentive programs, benefits, and perks in whole or in part at any time without advance notice.LI-Hybrid