Senior Advisor, Global Indirect Tax (Vancouver, BC)
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2023
who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
about the role
The Senior Advisor will provide global indirect tax (VAT, GST and related) expertise related to all international strategic initiatives and business projects, including new market entry. They will monitor the global regulatory environment for developments and changes in the indirect tax landscape.
- Work with cross-functional teams and business leaders to assist with tax planning initiatives and special projects to ensure that tax related policies and procedures are meeting regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with tax technology and compliance to address regulatory requirements, reporting needs and system gaps for the purpose of creating systems-based solutions.
- Monitor the regulatory landscape for developing VAT legislation and conduct internal impact studies to assess readiness and implementation.
- •Prepare tax technical memos and document tax requirements for all business projects.
- Provide tax compliance requirements for all new market entry activities and global expansion initiatives.
- Ensure the business is well-informed of the impact of any new tax law change and/or strategic initiatives, and ensure tax requirements are understood.
- Review legal contracts from indirect tax lens to ensure that legal agreements are optimized to reduce risk and unintended costs from a tax perspective.
- Support tax compliance with tax positions including matters under audit and controversy
- Designated CPA (or equivalent) with 5+ years of progressive indirect tax experience.
- Experience in public practice is an asset.
- Experience working with consumer & retail industry is an asset.
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.
Authorization to work in Canada is required for this role.
Compensation and Benefits Package
At lululemon, investing in our people is a top priority. We believe that when life works, work works. In addition to our competitive Total Rewards offering, we also have personal and professional development offerings. Our offerings recognize our teams for their performance and support whole person development, including support for employees on how to grow their career:
- Extended health and dental benefits, and mental health plans
- Paid time off
- Savings and retirement plan matching
- Generous employee discount
- Fitness & yoga classes
- Parenthood top-up
- Extensive catalog of development course offerings
- People networks, mentorship programs, and leadership series (to name a few)
Note: Availability of the incentive programs, benefits, and perks may be subject to your location & employment type and may have certain eligibility requirements. The Company reserves the right to alter these incentive programs, benefits, and perks in whole or in part at any time without advance notice.