Senior Architect - Digital Analytics and Optimization Space
IT, Data Science
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2023
who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
About this team
The Digital Analytics and Optimization team is leading the transformation of lululemon digital technology. This team is focused on delivering our analytics and optimization opportunities to our Business to drive increase in Sales through our e-commerce platforms.
A day in the life:
- Partner with Domain Architects, Technology Managers and Business Analysts to ensure solutions are aligned to stakeholder expectations
- Support business and digital planning teams to develop high-level options and estimates and backlog prioritization.
- Accountable for working with Domain/Enterprise Architects for assessment and evaluating new platforms/products
- Accountable for documenting high level architecture along with the process, information and system architectures
- Support with Discovery sessions success metric valuation
- Facilitate conversations regarding technical debt w/ software engineers to ensure this is accounted for in requirements to deliver stated feature
- Responsible to make sure that solution designs are aligned to the guidelines/principles set by architecture/engineering community.
- Responsible for adding/editing/feedback on principles/policies if those needs revision based on ground reality.
- Responsible for capturing and designing the system to meet Non-Functional Requirements (NFRs), Alerts and Monitoring (from Ops perspective)
- Engaged in and aware of industry trends and best practices
- Define/own technical solutions on the roadmap and ensure alignment with Domain Architects and other stakeholders
- Ensures that solutions are designed for ease of operations and requiring minimal to no manual intervention.
- Participate in DevOps and Root cause analysis so that future solutions can be refined based on production feedback
- Minimum 5 years of real-world experience developing, deploying, scaling and maintaining software applications. A good portion of this experience should come from developing software solutions in and around cloud-based services and/or service-oriented architectures
- 3+ years experience in React.js, Next.js, GraphQL, and/or micro frontends with a deep understanding of Server-side rendering
- Experience in integrating analytics and AB-Testing products into enterprise applications
- Experience in integrating CDP vendor solution into enterprise systems in order to deliver personalization use cases
- Experience in integrating with SnowFlake into enterprise systems in order to deliver predictive analytics
- Experience integrating web frontends with complex multi-tier applications
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.
Compensation and Benefits Package
For Applicants: lululemon’s compensation offerings are rooted in a pay-for-performance philosophy that recognizes exceptional individual and team performance. The typical hiring range for this position is from $117,600-$147,000 annually; the base pay offered is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and internal equity. As part of our competitive Total Rewards offering, permanent employees in this position may be eligible for our competitive annual bonus offering, subject to program eligibility requirements.
At lululemon, investing in our people is a top priority. We believe that when life works, work works. In addition to our competitive Total Rewards offering, we also have personal and professional development offerings. Our offerings recognize our teams for their performance and support whole person development, including support for employees on how to grow their career:
Extended health and dental benefits, and mental health plans
Paid time off
Savings and retirement plan matching
Generous employee discount
Fitness & yoga classes
Extensive catalog of development course offerings
People networks, mentorship programs, and leadership series (to name a few)
Note: Availability of the incentive programs, benefits, and perks may be subject to your location & employment type and may have certain eligibility requirements. The Company reserves the right to alter these incentive programs, benefits, and perks in whole or in part at any time without advance notice.