Senior Analyst, Finance Systems & Projects (Hybrid, Vancouver)
IT, Accounting & Finance
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
about this team:
Finance Systems & Projects (Business Integrations) team connects possibilities to numbers. As the business project integration management office for Finance, this team leads global initiatives by consulting on technology solutions with cross-functional partners on business integrations. This team is essential to the rapid spin-up of new guest experiences in retail and digital, new channels, store of the future, supply chain optimization and international growth while maintaining timeliness of financial reporting, accuracy of data and integrity of internal controls. You are the perfect fit if you have deep curiosity, commitment to quality and drive - you use your logic and analytical skills to uncover issues and find solutions. You embrace change, is open to possibility and thinks big to design financial systems and processes for the future.
a day in the life: what you’ll do:
- Design, test and launch the latest in end-to-end supply chain and inventory optimization programs, validating solutions for accurately capturing inventory costs and units for accounting and inventory internal controls.
- Key business outcomes are system changes and enhances launch without impacting automated finance accounting processes or impact inventory internal controls and accuracy.
- Extended business outcomes include accurate margins on product and inventory accuracy for product planning and allocations, OMNI, ecom, and retail.
- Collaborate with global Digital platforms and eCommerce business - up to 20-30 concurrent international projects per year.
- Liaise between Finance and Technology project leaders with gathering requirements, designing new systems, evaluating options and perform testing in systems, including extracting and analyzing data sets.
- Prioritized enhancement roadmap to drive the most value for inventory control and finance.
- Problem-solve with technology and operations partners to ensure timely and smooth launches. You are analytical, focused on quality, solutions-oriented, thrive on complexity and think critically.
- In the progress of working towards, or is a designated accountant – CPA (CGA, CA, CMA) or equivalent.
- Education - business, accounting, management information systems, business technology, computer science, statistics, data science, analytics or financial information systems degree.
- 5+ years working in a fast-paced multi-national corporate environment (project based and agile).
- Fast learner, organized, high attention to detail, committed to quality from requirements to user acceptance testing.
- Experience with systems integrations and enterprise planning systems (ERP) implementations particularly in inventory, manufacturing, supply chain, warehouse, logistics and RFID systems in an IT Consulting, Business Analyst, Functional Lead (asset: Oracle Retail, Manhattan, Oracle eBusiness Suite, Salesforce Commerce Cloud).
- Strong communication skills and team player – able to lead meetings and have clear written communication.
- History of owning multiple cross-functional projects, process improvement, automation initiatives.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Sharepoint and collaboration tools (Atlassian - JIRA, Confluence) and Smartsheets.
- Working knowledge of SQL and query logic.
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.