Retail Special Projects Lead (5 month fixed term contract)
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2023
who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
about this team
Driven by Retail Operations & Planning strategic priorities, the Retail Special Projects team owns the scoping and project planning of workstreams 2 years out. This team maintains a list of future operational areas to improve and iterate, driving a culture of continuous improvement and testing. Because this team is thinking 2 years out, we deliver better solutions to our retail stores which ensures best in class operations and maximizes business results.
a day in the life: what you’ll do
The Retail Special Projects Lead owns and supports workstreams identified and prioritized within the Retail Operations and Planning 5-year strategic roadmap.
This role is responsible for pulling together diverse groups of cross-functional partners within each identified workstream to create proposals and business cases, execute discovery and testing and iterate to drive continuous improvement within operations impacting our retail stores.
- Leading cross-functional working groups to propel work forward
- Project Management of cross-functional workstreams impacting NA Retail
- Providing options and impacts to cross-functional stakeholders and decision makers with clear recommendations.
- Planning, maintenance, and risk-mitigation of all projects/workstreams
- Determining and planning in retail requirements for all projects/workstreams
- Program management experience and execution skills, vertical retail experience preferred
- Project Management experience and execution; PMP courses/certification preferred
- Comfortable working in diverse, large-scale collaborative teams and driving objective-focused facilitation
- Exceptional interpersonal, presentation and communication skills; ability to build relationships and collaborate
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.