Engineer 2 - MDM, Product Technology (Hybrid)
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2023
Who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
About this team
The opportunity is for a role in Master Data Management function lululemon. The objective is to provide reliable and most consistent data for Product, location, and vendor data domains as a system of record for enterprise.
We are responsible for ensuring the success of the team and proactively identify the most high-value deliverables and focus on shipping quality software solutions and other deliverables. By partnering closely with the business partners, project leads, and technical teams we help deliver project scope and ensure stakeholder expectations are met.
At all levels, we demonstrate leadership by supporting the growth and development of the team as a whole and individually.
At the core of our product is innovation. Planning functions are critical in understanding our guest, market, demand, and driving decisions on product placement. Our work aims to ensure end to end execution of our merchandising strategies to marry the right product to the right sizes of the boxes. Our work directly contributes to the success and growth of store planners, visual merchandising, global fulfillment, and retail teams.
A day in the life:
The ideal candidate performs the development of high-performing, well-tested, and well engineered software applications that satisfy our internal business needs & power guest experiences; Has proven experience in effectively applying mathematical, and software engineering principles to design, build, & maintain technology products, devices, systems, and solutions that provide amazing customer experiences.
- Work closely with Solution Architects to support and drive solution implementations of packaged solutions.
- Uses algorithms, data structures, programming languages, programming paradigms to create, test, and operate sustainable client-side or server-side software applications and services.
- Builds and extends full stack Java applications in cloud, hybrid cloud and/or on – premise environments.
- Works as a custodian of Master Data Management (MDM) system in the Global Product space of lululemon Technology
- Ensures applications are designed to be highly available, observable, and durable via software engineering best practices.
- Provide L3 support as MDM subject matter expert for troubleshooting & resolving Level 3 Production issues & Prepare system for Peak performance scaling.
- Works with business and systems analysts to understand end-user requirements and translate those into pragmatic & effective technical solutions.
- Works closely with onsite and remote frontend, backend, and operations engineers to ensure deliverables are well-documented, secure, and resilient.
- Applies DevOps practices- brings development and IT ops processes, people, and tools closer together to increase the speed, efficiency, and quality with which we deliver technical solutions. Designs for release configuration management.
- Collaborates with the engineering teams (distributed globally) to deliver on integration projects.
- Engages in ongoing quality and performance improvement to ensure reliability and security.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent.
- 4-6 years’ experience in full stack Java based application software development with 4+ years of experience as technical lead.
- Strong experience in working with large scale and NoSQL databases (i.e., Cassandra, Scylla, HBase, etc.), Traditional RDBMS and SQL (Postgres, Aurora, etc.).
- Strong software development fundamentals including design, coding, automated testing, source control, continuous integration in addition to continuous delivery and/or deployment.
- Strong technical, hands-on, experience to support development, infrastructure, and operations.
- Familiarity with streaming platforms (real-time data at a massive scale like Confluent Kafka)
- Hands-on working experience with AWS cloud technologies and platforms for 3+ years. Must have AWS Developer certification.
- Familiarity and understanding of DevOps – CI CD
- Ability to work with diverse geographical teams in different time Zones to deliver quality results.
- Familiar with: GitHub, Eclipse, Jira, Confluence, MS Office, SharePoint, Smartsheet
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Support troubleshooting through solid analytical reasoning
- Experience in Waterfall & Agile methodology.
- Experience working with high transaction systems.
- Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously.