3D Product Creation Manager
3D Product Creation Manager
WHO WE ARE
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
ABOUT THIS TEAM
3D Product Creation team is a group of experts who work at the centre of technology to bring lululemon premium product to life in a digital ecosystem. In partnership with cross-functional peers they ensure silhouette, function, and design intent are delivered in the form of a virtual prototype that is an accurate representation of the physical product.
They are strong communicators who value and develop their cross functional relationships. This is a team of high performers who are constantly striving to develop personally and professionally, practicing open feedback in a trusting space. This team knows how to bring fun into their everyday, prioritising team connection and enjoying creative sessions together.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
Working at the centre of technology, apparel, and design, the Manager of 3D Product Creation team will lead a team of experts to create and commercialize premium performance product, in 3D. Ensuring its fit and function is executed for the intended end use in accordance with lululemon business goals.
• Driving collaboration and alignment with Product Creative and cross-functional partners to ensure the successful development of digital environments and prototypes through design areas including concepting, prototyping, interaction, working with research and innovation, standards creation, and product governance
• Inspire, engage, and enrol peers in 3D tools and processes by being on the leading edge of emerging technologies
• Lead and prioritize team to deliver virtual prototypes, store environments, 3D renders, and digital patterns (where required)
• Manage the execution of digital libraries (pattern, materials, standards, etc.)
• Ensure brand professionalism and consistency across 3D assets, including virtual prototypes, digital fabric scans, and store environments, by obtaining approval from Product Creative and cross-functional partners.
• Lead and manage 3D Product Creation team members to ensure their development and growth
• Manage and maintain our Vendor 3D Assessment Program, continuing to onboard new users and encourage enhanced digital capabilities
• Manage resources and priorities effectively to deliver department goals and objectives
• Drive change readiness and continuous improvement of processes and tools to deliver business results
• Seek out new tools, innovation, and processes in the apparel digital eco-space and partner with product, technology, and operational counterparts on implementation
• Contribute to broaden product team creative processes, team building, and our strong cultural values around diversity, inclusion, transparency and growth mindset
• 10-12 years of apparel or product industry experience
• 3-5 years of experience in apparel industry (as it relates to 3D), Digital Product Design and/or 3D Product Animation or Graphic formally recognized education
• Experience managing a team of individual contributors
• Extensive technical knowledge of performance product, fit, construction, costing and international manufacturing; domestic manufacturing would be an asset
• Experience leveraging Gerber Pattern Making (or other similar digital pattern making systems) preferred
• Proficiency in MS Office (Excel/Word/Outlook, Adobe Design Suite/Illustrator and Photoshop) and Flex PLM or similar PLM software
• Deep understanding of 3D tools (Browzwear, Clo3D, Rhino, Modo, etc) and processes and how they can be applied and leveraged in the apparel industry.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including analytical, problem solving, organizational, issue resolution, and internal and external relationship management
• Decisive and strategic leader with a proven track record
• Passionate about mentoring, coaching, and training team members according to individual goals and objectives
• Approaches problem solving with conceptual and strategic thinking
• Ability to collaborate with cross-functional leaders across a variety of product categories
• Extensive knowledge of cross-functional team accountabilities paired with a detailed understanding of product creation calendar from design through to in store delivery
• Curiosity for change and learning, capable of managing ambiguity
• Professional written, visual, and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Self-motivated, strong sense of urgency, collaborative mindset
• Ability to work and thrive in a fast paced, cross functional team environment