Senior Engineer II- Digital Experience - (Hybrid 3 days a week)
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Tuesday, October 3, 2023
who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
A day in the life
As a Senior Engineer II, you will bring a high level of technical knowledge as well as strong mentoring abilities. You will be counted on as a leader in your technology space as you contribute to all areas of development and operations (pre-production to production). You will work closely with a Technology Manager, using your experience and knowledge to guide a team of Engineers though their day-to-day process, and provide a central escalation point for production concerns. You will be part of an Agile production release team and may perform on-call support functions as needed. As a Senior Engineer I, you would be a primary caretaker of production systems and would maintain a deep understanding of how delivered products are functioning.
- Are a main contributor on a single agile team delivering a high revenue impacting features and migrations
- Provide mentorship and facilitate engineering training for a team of Engineers
- Perform and delegate engineering assignments to ensure production readiness is maintained
- Conduct research to aid in product troubleshooting and optimization efforts
- Conduct research to guide product development and tools selection
- Provide an escalation point and participate in on-call support rotations
- Actively monitor key metrics and report on trends
- Participate in our Engineering Community of Practice
- Contribute to engineering automation, management or development of production level systems
- Contribute to project engineering design and standards verification
- Perform reliability monitoring and support as needed to ensure products meet guest expectations
- Completed bachelor’s degree or diploma (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Software Architecture preferred; candidates with substantial and relevant industry experience are also eligible
- Five to eight+ years of engineering experience, ideally in an enterprise organization
- Previous experience developing GraphQL APIs
- Experience with CDNs / caching / security / routing rules / etc
- Experience with application observability, system-level design, performance
- AWS, CI/CD experience and familiarity with IaC and Proxy servers
- Ability to learn, understand, and work quickly with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Cloud/IT technology space.
- Understanding of web technologies (HTTP, SSL, Headers, Cookies, TCP, Caching)
- Experience with CI/CD principles and best-practices
- Experience and interest in DevOps principles and best-practices
- Experience with technical debt prioritization and roadmap planning with Product Management
- Experience developing solutions for retail or eCommerce businesses and other relevant domains such as manufacturing & logistics, supply chain, or corporate shared services.
- Experience working in a cross-functional environment.
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.
Compensation and Benefits Package
At lululemon, investing in our people is a top priority. We believe that when life works, work works. In addition to our competitive Total Rewards offering, we also have personal and professional development offerings. Our offerings recognize our teams for their performance and support whole person development, including support for employees on how to grow their career:
- Extended health and dental benefits, and mental health plans
- Paid time off
- Savings and retirement plan matching
- Generous employee discount
- Fitness & yoga classes
- Parenthood top-up
- Extensive catalog of development course offerings
- People networks, mentorship programs, and leadership series (to name a few)
Note: Availability of the incentive programs, benefits, and perks may be subject to your location & employment type and may have certain eligibility requirements. The Company reserves the right to alter these incentive programs, benefits, and perks in whole or in part at any time without advance notice.