Senior Technology Manager, People Enablement Technology
About this team
The People Enablement Technology (PET) team is committed to enabling seamless, best in class experiences for our global workforce. Our team supports a fully integrated tech stack spanning Workday (Core HCM), Dayforce (Workforce Management), Avature (career site, applicant tracking & candidate relationship management), as well as Docebo (Enterprise Learning), and integrations to downstream partners for benefits administration, payroll, etc. From application and decisioning, to onboarding, development and separation – the PET team owns, supports, and delivers on the technologies that support lululemon’s global workforce. Additionally, this team enables the use of all workforce and people data through our Unified Data Platform which is the organization’s single source of truth for people related data to power analytics, data science, and associated capabilities that empower us to shorten decisioning cycles through data informed action.
A day in the life:
- Work closely with stakeholders across the business and technology (Retail Operations, FP&A, Labour Planning, Distribution Centers, Guest Education Centre + In-Store Experience, Finance & Payroll, People & Culture) to plan, implement, and support technologies that enable business objectives across multi-year strategic plans.
- Lead and develop a dynamic team of project managers, architects, analysts, and engineers focused on delivery, support & operations; planning for ebbs/flows (i.e. maintaining utilization rates), while ensuring that our people are given the right challenges to support their career goals & development opportunities.
- Partner closely with the rest of the People Enablement Technology leadership team to drive intentional work-management practices (i.e. work planning & sequencing, resource & capacity planning) that support our talent management strategy while streamlining delivery cross-pillar.
- Drive efforts for new technology selection including Build vs Buy assessment, development of RFI/RFP, review, and evaluation through to final recommendation in partnership with Program Management, Architecture & business leadership.
- Act as a subject matter expert across the people systems space (HRIS, WFM); informing roadmaps with key considerations for sequencing, providing insight to best practices (i.e., system of record recommendations), providing high-level work estimates to inform annual planning processes and identifying key dependencies, risks & issues.
- Ownership of key vendor relationships, including contract renewals, financial modelling & cost control mechanisms, partnering to drive key roadmap items and ensure that SLA’s are met for all operational systems.
- Champion a culture of high-performance by creating an inclusive culture that supports learning, encourages diversity of thought and brings a futurist/innovators mindset to every new opportunity.
- 8-10 years of experience enabling key business priorities through the successful delivery & support of technology, and 6+ years as a people leader overseeing a broad range of talent across multiple work locations.
- Strong preference for those with experience leading a technology team responsible for implementing, enhancing, maintaining PaaS/SaaS-based Core HCM, Workforce Management, Time & Attendance/Payroll, Scheduling, incentive compensation or other people operations systems in a heavily integrated environment.
- Preference for those with a strong understanding of modern data platform architecture (i.e. Azure, Databricks, PowerApps, Unity Catalog, GCP, Collibra etc.) to support data integrations, low-code app development & analytics use cases.
- Experience in managing complex delivery initiatives supporting a broad group of stakeholders in highly dynamic, global organizations; with a preference for those with experience in retail or similar industry with blended and distributed workforce (i.e. mix of salary, hourly, contingent workers).
- Proven track record in building & sustaining high performing team capable of driving technical modernization efforts in parallel to delivering on business commitments across multiple delivery formats (i.e. product-centric/optimization, transformation).
- Strong stakeholder & vendor management expertise; with a proven ability to drive results internally & externally while fostering key strategic partnerships.
- Budget management expertise: previous experience directly overseeing CAPEX & OPEX investments to ensure efficient spend management.
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.
- Extended health and dental benefits, and mental health plans
- Paid time off
- Savings and retirement plan matching
- Generous employee discount
- Fitness & yoga classes
- Parenthood top-up
- Extensive catalog of development course offerings
- People networks, mentorship programs, and leadership series (to name a few)