Data Engineer II - Marketing Technology, Data Platform
Marketing & Communications, IT, Data Science
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2023
who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
about this team
The lululemon Marketing Technology Team oversees the technical aspects of lululemon's marketing technology stack. Our technology platform enables robust analytics and delivers personalized, engaging interactions to our guests.
As an Engineer II in the Marketing Technology Team, you will be responsible for the development, support, configuration, and automation of the data infrastructure that supports our global marketing strategy. You will work closely with other data engineers, analysts, data scientists and marketers to build out new data products and data powered capabilities. The solutions you deliver will involve processing large datasets and building system integrations utilizing cloud based data processing tools.
a day in the life:
- Monitor and support data pipelines, data integrations and ETL workflows
- Contribute to the design and development of data products to support analytics and data science teams
- Partner with Architects, Product Managers and Business Analysts to ensure solutions are aligned to stakeholder expectations
- Oversee, participate in and manage production deployments.
- Interface with global vendor and internal teams.
- Coordinate recovery from incidents utilizing well defined operational procedures, tools, and efficient communication across internal and external stakeholders.
- Propose improvements to tools and frameworks where/when needed
- 2+ years demonstrated experience in building data pipelines / ETL development, data modeling, distributed data processing using Azure data tools and services (Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, Spark, Azure Blob/ADLS, Azure SQL, Azure Function, Azure DevOps). Experience with Snowflake a plus.
- 1+ years experience building CI/CD release pipelines with DevOps tools in a data centric environment: Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Terraform
- 2+ years experience with SQL, Python, PySpark, Spark SQL
- Familiarity with agile software delivery methodologies
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication
- Knowledge of Digital Marketing (Email, Search-Engine Marketing, Social, Affiliate) or eCommerce a plus
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.
Authorization to work in Canada is required for this role.
At lululemon, investing in our people is a top priority. We believe that when life works, work works. In addition to our competitive Total Rewards offering, we also have personal and professional development offerings. Our offerings recognize our teams for their performance and support whole person development, including support for employees on how to grow their career:
- Extended health and dental benefits, and mental health plans
- Paid time off
- Savings and retirement plan matching
- Generous employee discount
- Fitness & yoga classes
- Parenthood top-up
- Extensive catalog of development course offerings
- People networks, mentorship programs, and leadership series (to name a few)
Note: Availability of the incentive programs, benefits, and perks may be subject to your location & employment type and may have certain eligibility requirements. The Company reserves the right to alter these incentive programs, benefits, and perks in whole or in part at any time without advance notice.